Profiline kits?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
awoychosky123
Recruit

Profiline kits?

Post by awoychosky123 »

Hi Everyone,

I want to take a spare Taigen Panzer III upper hull and convert it to a StuG III Ausf. C or D. I am aware that Profiline made a complete conversion kit years back. However, I am having a difficult time finding a place to order the whole kit. I know Asiatam.de sells what looks like just the Kasematte https://www.asiatam.de/Profiline/Bausat ... -1-16.html but I was looking for something more complete, with hatches, barrel, new headlights, etc. I didn't know if someone here might know where I could find the complete Profiline kits. Here is a picture I found of the kit unpainted Image I did already submit a question to Asiatam about if it came with more than just the one piece but have not received a response yet.

Any help would be appreciated.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Profiline kits?

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome along to the forum :wave: Asiatam used to do the full kit that you are looking for as I bought one myself about 18 months ago from them. Everything that you see in the pic below was included. Maybe they still supply these so I would wait for a reply from them :thumbup:
Cheers, Lee. Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

That's exactly what I am looking for! Their website only shows the main gun casement.
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

EBay seller Koleso884 from Russia sells a copy of the Stug A kit. I have one awaiting building, looks good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133278557026?h ... SwRRVbsjAz
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

I did see that one as well, but I don't want to do an A as the A had the narrower style tracks, Which I haven't seen in 1/16 scale, I was thinking about bashing that kit with the Kasematte from Asiatam, but It was starting to add up compared to just having a full resin kit of the C/D.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

You mean this one: https://www.asiatam.de/Profiline/Bausat ... -1-16.html

Ow wait, it is a F instead of the C or D you want.
Last edited by jee on Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

That is a full kit but it is an Ausf. F instead of an Ausf. C/D mantlet and a few other parts wouldn't work for the build I'm looking to do.
jee
Staff Sergeant

Post by jee »

awoychosky123 wrote:
That is a full kit but it is an Ausf. F instead of an Ausf. C/D mantlet and a few other parts wouldn't work for the build I'm looking to do.
Yes, i noticed now, sorry
Regards,
Jaap :wave:
awoychosky123
Recruit

Post by awoychosky123 »

Quick update, Asiatam got back to me and listed the full kit for me, after I ordered it I did notice they took the kit off the Stug III Profiline page.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

awoychosky123 wrote:Quick update, Asiatam got back to me and listed the full kit for me, after I ordered it I did notice they took the kit off the Stug III Profiline page.
they always do this when things are no longer available or not available for a long time.
There is nothing wrong with that, it avoids disappointment with potential buyers...

Return to “General Questions”