TORRO RX18 binding

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Jarlath
Corporal

Re: TORRO RX18 binding

Post by Jarlath »

I finally got a chance to watch your videos.

I note that the Torro transmitter red LED solidifies and signals that it is bound.
You then push the MG lever back into the rear position.

At that point you should shut off the tank and then the transmitter. In that order. (which is not listed anywhere BTW).
Instead I see you attempting to do engine startup and motion.

Standard V1 Binding process for Torro/Taigen V1:
1. Transmitter and Tank are OFF, All switches to rear positions.
2. Shift right switch (MG Function) to forward position.
3. Turn on transmitter, then the tank in a short window (near simultaneously).
4. Transmitter remote should blink for several seconds, then turn solid. This denotes the transmitter and MFU have aligned frequencies.
5. Shift right switch to rear position. This signals the transmitter that frequency should be locked in.
6. Turn off tank & transmitter
7. TX & MFU should now be bound.

Also I'll Quote an Imex/Taigen response regarding binding...
Make sure your charger is actually charging the battery. Measure the voltage on the battery and confirm it is at least 7.5V or so (the tank will not bind on a low battery for safety reasons). Also make sure you do not have rechargeable batteries in the transmitter. Finally make sure you are turning the tank and transmitter on at the same time. There is only a 2-3 second bind window time the tank is looking for. Sometimes it is best to ask a friend/family member if you are unable to do this action that quickly (I know the bind button on the TX and then hitting the tank switch can be tricky). These are the top 3 issues that prevent a bind. Hopefully this helps!
I have had several 2.4ghz MFU no longer bind to any TX's for unknown reasons before, so the chance of an MFU failure is not unheard of.
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Re: TORRO RX18 binding

Post by kintaroukinji »

Thank you for your kind reply. I did the binding the way you say it. That is, I switched on the transmitter in bind mode and the tank at about the same time, and after the transmitter LED had stopped blinking, I returned the MG switch to the rear position. Then I turned off the power switches on the tank and transmitter. I also tried this method, but just in case I will again connect the RX18 to the power supply only , remove all other wiring, and try binding several times.

Return to “General Questions”