TORRO RX18 binding

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

TORRO RX18 binding

Post by kintaroukinji »

I am now controlling multiple (two) tank models with one transmitter. The transceiver is 2.4GHz TORRO (TAIGEN) RX18 (ver.1). The sound board uses Beier USM-HL2. I also own one spare RX18 that is already bound to this transmitter. One day, when I changed the wiring of one tank model, for some reason the binding with that tank was broken. Of course, there is no burning of the board. I tried binding again based on the binding procedure, but it did not succeed. I thought it was a malfunction of the RX18 mounted on the tank, so I replaced it with a spare RX18, but I still can't bind. The transmitter and tank battery voltage is fine. So I checked the binding between this transmitter and another tank, and the binding was successful. Therefore, it seems that it is not a malfunction on the transmitter side.
Then I tried to bind with a completely different TORRO / TAIGEN transmitter, but I couldn't. On the contrary, the binding between this transmitter and the tank that was already bound has been broken.
When binding one TORRO / TAIGEN transmitter with multiple RX18s, are there any restrictions on the number or other factors?
Until now, one transmitter could control two tanks.
For example, is it possible that once the binding is broken, it cannot be bound again? Even if I get a new transmitter, I am afraid that this transmitter will not be able to bind to my current RX18. Anyone who knows or has experience, please let me know. By the way, I think there is no mistake because the binding method has been implemented several times.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: TORRO RX18 binding

Post by Jofaur86 »

Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:'( maybe I misunderstood? I have just read the message again, I conclude that you cannot again bind an RX 18 which has already been used with the same transmitter?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Jofaur86 wrote::'( maybe I misunderstood? I have just read the message again, I conclude that you cannot again bind an RX 18 which has already been used with the same transmitter?
Yes, they cannot :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Jofaur86 wrote::'( maybe I misunderstood? I have just read the message again, I conclude that you cannot again bind an RX 18 which has already been used with the same transmitter?
Thank you for answering.?Yes, that's right. The transmitter and RX18 that had been bound until now suddenly became unbound, and then rebind became impossible.
I'm currently using the TORRO vr.1 RX18 with Beier USM-HL2.
I know that two transmitters and one receiver cannot be bound. I've tried that too, so I wonder if this receiver (RX18) can't bind to any transmitter? If so, even if I get a new TORRO transmitter, I may not be able to bind with this RX18.?After all, I may have to buy another new TORRO transmitter and RX18, but I'm in trouble if the same thing happens again.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

8) no there is no problem to link a transmitter with several receivers. As long as these two sets are compatible. I did it for a friend, who used as many transmitters as he had tanks. if it has already worked? We are talking about linking an RX 18 of brand and type ditto,
did you try again? because this is weird? do you have a photo of the connected equipment set ?
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

I also control two tanks with one TORRO transmitter. The transceiver binding for this tank model is no longer abrupt. I will attach a video. The soundboard USM-HL2 is connected, but the blue LED on the USM-HL2 is lit continuously instead of blinking, indicating that there is no receive signal on the RX18. I tried another RX18, but the result is the same. I removed USM-HL2 and tried to bind only with RX18, but I still can't bind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9T6a565cfI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDP5tebC4tk
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D Binder Rx and TX,
1: tank and radion powered off
2: interlocking starter and machine gun, pushed to the rear
3: Shoot the inter-machine gun towards you (top left on radio)
4: turn on the radio, the red led of the radio flashes
5: Turn on the tank, the red led flashes faster.Wait 1 minute
6: turn off the tank then the radio
in this order
7: push the inter back, it should work
kintaroukinji
Lance Corporal

Post by kintaroukinji »

Jofaur86 wrote::D Binder Rx and TX,
1: tank and radion powered off
2: interlocking starter and machine gun, pushed to the rear
3: Shoot the inter-machine gun towards you (top left on radio)
4: turn on the radio, the red led of the radio flashes
5: Turn on the tank, the red led flashes faster.Wait 1 minute
6: turn off the tank then the radio
in this order
7: push the inter back, it should work

Thank you but I know this bind procedure. I've tried bind this way many times. However, in step 3 for the TORRO RX18 and transmitter, the level key for machine gun is on the right top of the radio.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

oops? here is the link, but in French where did I find the procedure?
https://www.rc-panzershop.fr/ekmps/shop ... /hl2.4.pdf

Return to “General Questions”