Armoured Models by 3D Workshop

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Armoured Models by 3D Workshop

Post by SimonCornes »

When I acquired a Heng Long Panzer IV it came with a set of 3D printed hull and turret schurzen. Are you familiar with this? The instructions are almost non-existent but I have gone through the parts and I have some bits that I can't find a use for! It would be really useful if someone had used this 'upgrade' and knew what everything was for!!
Thanks

Simon
tomhugill
Captain

Re: Armoured Models by 3D Workshop

Post by tomhugill »

SimonCornes wrote:When I acquired a Heng Long Panzer IV it came with a set of 3D printed hull and turret schurzen. Are you familiar with this? The instructions are almost non-existent but I have gone through the parts and I have some bits that I can't find a use for! It would be really useful if someone had used this 'upgrade' and knew what everything was for!!
Thanks

Simon
Try contacting James Canham

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

If thats 'James ArmouredModels' on this site then thats great, thank you Tom.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I downloaded the Tamiya Panzer 4 Kit instructions which includes details of the Schurzen fit,
You will find the download section on the top of this page,
Because I was not using a Tamiya Schurzen kit I made sure of doing a dry run first because the points where you need to Pin vice into the turret will be slightly different.
Our own Rad Schuhart has also entered a specific PZ4 Schurzen download for all to use on the download section.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Yes I already have the Tamiya instructions and I’ve just taken some still photos of the Tank Museum talk on the P.IV. The stuff I have also includes sone templates with dimensions for the turret and side brackets. I’ll have a look at that download though - thank you for that. The 3D printed stuff I have included the turret schurzen in two halves so I am inclined to replace the rear part with a single piece of styrene- not sure how well the printed stuff might be persuaded to bend!!
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

jarndice wrote:I downloaded the Tamiya Panzer 4 Kit instructions which includes details of the Schurzen fit,
You will find the download section on the top of this page,
Because I was not using a Tamiya Schurzen kit I made sure of doing a dry run first because the points where you need to Pin vice into the turret will be slightly different.
Our own Rad Schuhart has also entered a specific PZ4 Schurzen download for all to use on the download section.
Just had a look at the Rad Schuhart download - I had already downloaded it, and very useful it is to! I'm waiting for a response from James Canham - if it is he who originated the 3D printed set - because he will certainly know what all the extra bits are for. I suspect that two parts are for the overlap on the doors in the turret schurzen but that still leaves an odd 'H' shaped print - which I think may have something to do with the attachment of the turret schurzen to the back of the turret stowage box. Then there is a myriad of very small rectangular pieces, purpose unclear!! I think I could do with a supply of brass domed pins though to attach everything and maybe some resin nuts and bolts!

Return to “General Questions”