Taigen Panther

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Topper
Corporal

Taigen Panther

Post by Topper »

Hi
I bought a Panther second hand this morning, the controller is damaged, and its pot luck if it will start the tank, when it does start ,I have smoke but no sound, the tank drives well, the turret rotates, the gun fires BBs but the part that holds the gun is broken and I found a spring in the turret, where is this spring from?, should this model have a sound card? can I replace the controller? I have attached pics, are the plugs in the right places? It also has metal tracks and gearbox
Thanks in advance
Frank
Attachments
panther2 004.jpg
panther2 004.jpg (59.19 KiB) Viewed 486 times
panther2 003.jpg
panther2 003.jpg (58.72 KiB) Viewed 486 times
panther2 002.jpg
panther2 002.jpg (76.03 KiB) Viewed 486 times
Panther 004.jpg
Panther 004.jpg (71.95 KiB) Viewed 493 times
Panther 003.jpg
Panther 003.jpg (74.35 KiB) Viewed 493 times
Panther 002.jpg
Panther 002.jpg (68.75 KiB) Viewed 493 times
Panther 001.jpg
Panther 001.jpg (72.97 KiB) Viewed 493 times
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Taigen Panther

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Fire some questions at us Frank :haha: :haha: first off I don't believe this version mfu has a sound module, if it did there would be another separate little box which is the module itself which you can change for different sounds. The spring you are referring to fits under the back of the BB unit and sits on top of it and between the roof of the turret, it gives tension for the rotation unit which sits behind it, otherwise the gun will flop about :think: :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Thanks Lee
Any ideas on the rest of my questions?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

If most of the functions are working but not the sound make sure that the speaker is plugged into the correct port and also that it's wires are not damaged and of course the volume is turned up !! If no joy try another speaker just in case it isn't working. You can bind another transmitter to the board but that will have no effect if the sound works though as that is the job of the mfu :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Do you have a volume control pot plugged in Frank? I can't tell from the pics. Because the sound is not controllable from the transmitter you should have two plugs into the mfu one for the speaker and one for the volume pot which you manually turn up and down, if you don't have that there'll be no sound :thumbup:
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Thanks again Lee
Everything is working now, I glued the gun frame thing but it didnt hold,I will need to buy another,
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

That's great Frank, what was the problem with the sound after ?

Cheers, Lee
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

The volume was turned down, do you know where I can a replacement for the part that holds the gun ?
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

You could trying asking Dave forgebear but if you have no luck I would try fixing it with 2 part epoxy or greenstuff putty which I have used plenty of times to fix things, it's very sticky when you first apply it so ideal for holding parts in the position you want and it sets rock solid so when it's fixed it's fixed :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Topper
Corporal

Post by Topper »

Hi Lee
I did use 2 part epoxy and held it in place with masking tape, I'll take the turret apart again and have a good look at it,
Thanks for all your help.
Frank

Return to “General Questions”