Does Anyone Have a Taigen v.3 2.4GHz Controller?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
DaveNorthWales
Recruit

Does Anyone Have a Taigen v.3 2.4GHz Controller?

Post by DaveNorthWales »

If so, and if you're not too far away (I'm in North Wales), I'd like to ask a favour.

My older brother has bought/built a Taigen Tiger, but nothing we do seems to be able to bind the controller to the tank. The batteries are fully charged with an after-market charger. The controller batteries are brand new Duracells.

The tank gives a flash on the machine gun, spins the fans, there's a click from the speaker, and the headlights flash. But no matter what we try - everything we've found on the internet and everything that has been suggested here - we can't get the blasted thing to bind to the tank. If we could have a go with another known good controller we'll be able to tell if it is the motherboard or the controller that is misbehaving.

Thanks in advance.

Dave.
DaveNorthWales
Recruit

Re: Does Anyone Have a Taigen v.3 2.4GHz Controller?

Post by DaveNorthWales »

Actually, a version 2 controller will work too. The latest board is backward compatible, apparently.

So if anyone has one of those, we could still do the tests I need to do.

Return to “General Questions”