M4A3 105 HengLong Headache

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: M4A3 105 HengLong Headache

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I got some time to start weathering the wedding-dress winter-white Sherman. Cringing all the way, I streaked with oils until I got something of the look of the two M4A3 105s in the photo of Jan. 1945 in Hochdelden, France (photo above). If you click on the photos to expand them, the weathering becomes more pronounced.

Here are some photos of the dirty work:
Dirty White 01.jpg
Dirty White 02.JPG
Dirty White 03.JPG
The turret is less weathered than the upper hull, but more than shows up in this photo. The searchlight is "Crystal Clear" over silver. I layered the "Crystal Clear" and drying took ten days. I may still make a lens for it.
Dirty White 04.JPG
Shootermcgraw
Private

Re: M4A3 105 HengLong Headache

Post by Shootermcgraw »

Starting to looking authentic to me Dr...these photos have inspired me to search for this machine! It would be my first WWII tank purchase when the time comes, that I myself have a reference book with illustrations and historic information on including a couple of winter color also black & white photos.
Plus I was born and raised in the state that pumped these machines out by the thousands in 1943.
I will be watching your progress through out!

Sent from my ONA19TB003 using Tapatalk

You can call me Will:

Return to “General Questions”