Panther g soft springs

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
emaier06
Recruit

Panther g soft springs

Post by emaier06 »

have a new upgrade model Heng Long Panther G and the suspension springs are so soft in the front of the tank that there is no travel left when it's sitting still.
This model has a steel gearbox and metal tracks, sprockets and idler wheels but it needs more spring tension.
Is there a place to get better springs because clocking the springs doesnt work.
Eamon
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Panther g soft springs

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It's customary to introduce oneself here, Emaier, before diving into all things RC tank. You'll find it has benefits too: if we know where in the world you are, for example, it's easier to recommend clubs, services and more. :wave:
It is possible to buy uprated springs for the Panther G, in fact.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
emaier06
Recruit

Post by emaier06 »

43rdRecceReg wrote:It's customary to introduce oneself here, Emaier, before diving into all things RC tank. You'll find it has benefits too: if we know where in the world you are, for example, it's easier to recommend clubs, services and more. :wave:
It is possible to buy uprated springs for the Panther G, in fact.
My name is Eamon, I’m 14 and I am currently working to upgrade my Panther G. I live in the US and an interested in most things RC.
Eamon
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

A little tip to help reduce the springs or even torsion bar suspension weakening is when the tank is not in use for long periods of time is to place a block of wood or something similar underneath the hull of the tank to lift the wheels off the ground relieving the pressure off of the springs, I use blocks of 3x2 timber underneath all of my tanks when not in use, hope this helps :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
emaier06
Recruit

Post by emaier06 »

Model Builder 4 wrote:A little tip to help reduce the springs or even torsion bar suspension weakening is when the tank is not in use for long periods of time is to place a block of wood or something similar underneath the hull of the tank to lift the wheels off the ground relieving the pressure off of the springs, I use blocks of 3x2 timber underneath all of my tanks when not in use, hope this helps :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
I think I might of ruined the springs because they hold no weight and some even have gaps in between the coils.
Im pretty sure that im going to need new springs but I can't find somewhere to buy them.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

emaier06 wrote:have a new upgrade model Heng Long Panther G and the suspension springs are so soft in the front of the tank that there is no travel left when it's sitting still.
This model has a steel gearbox and metal tracks, sprockets and idler wheels but it needs more spring tension.
Is there a place to get better springs because clocking the springs doesnt work.
Eamon
Go to------------
www.rctank.de/UPPER-/-LOWER-HULL_5
This is a German dealer and many of us have personal experience buying from Dominik,
He is straight and honest and he does speak English,
The price of these reinforced springs are 9.90 Euros but postal charges will be high so might I suggest that when you visit the site you have a search to see what else is on sale,
The more you buy the more postal charges come down,
All countries in the European Union have to charge Value Added Tax (VAT) @19%,BUT as you are not in the EU you must remind Dominik that you are in the US so that he can remove the tax which will certainly help relieve postal costs to the USA.
WARNING !!!
The American postal service is delaying almost all mail entering the country so don't get excited if it seems to take forever to receive your order.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

emaier06 wrote:
Model Builder 4 wrote:A little tip to help reduce the springs or even torsion bar suspension weakening is when the tank is not in use for long periods of time is to place a block of wood or something similar underneath the hull of the tank to lift the wheels off the ground relieving the pressure off of the springs, I use blocks of 3x2 timber underneath all of my tanks when not in use, hope this helps :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
I think I might of ruined the springs because they hold no weight and some even have gaps in between the coils.
Im pretty sure that im going to need new springs but I can't find somewhere to buy them.
COILS ???

I thought the Panther Ausf G had torsion bar suspension :shh:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

I believe the heng long panther G which is the model he has jarndice has springs, come to think of it I think the whole heng long range of hulls use only springs for the suspension ??? I could well be wrong though, I think only the torro and tamiya versions have torsion bars :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

jarndice wrote:
emaier06 wrote:I thought the Panther Ausf G had torsion bar suspension :shh:
No, torsion coil springs.

I wouldn't worry Shaun, I made a long winded post earlier about clocking the springs, then noticed the mention about clocking not helping.
But, I could delete my embarrassment, yours is in print for ever more :D
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
emaier06
Recruit

Post by emaier06 »

Model Builder 4 wrote:I believe the heng long panther G which is the model he has jarndice has springs, come to think of it I think the whole heng long range of hulls use only springs for the suspension ??? I could well be wrong though, I think only the torro and tamiya versions have torsion bars :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Yeh, I have the Heng Long Panther G so the it has springs but I cant find a single place that sells springs for the panther that are stronger so I might resort to buying the hull with the torsion bar suspension.

Return to “General Questions”