Taigen upper the henglong 6.0

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
tomhugill
Captain

Taigen upper the henglong 6.0

Post by tomhugill »

Has anyone hooked up a new taigen upper (with the high intensity led flash) to a Heng long V6 board?

My main points of query is where would the flash hook up and how does the recoil work? I'm assuming you can wire a two pin to the BB motor socket and use the BB switch to the recoil switch? Maybe? Any help greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
john1970
Corporal

Re: Taigen upper the henglong 6.0

Post by john1970 »

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=30524 for the recoil
for the flash you will need a single channel 5v relay
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Super John thank you.

Any more info on the flash?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

This is what i done on the 6.1 board i haven't tried it on the 6.0 board yet. The wiring for the flash unit will be the same on the 6.0. There are a few option on powering the 5v relay on the 6.0 you can either copy whats been done on the 6.1 and split the wires from CN10 so it does both the recoil and 5v relay or for the signal you can use LED 1 negative. For the power either double up on CN2 or use CN5 but that is switched on/off via the controller.

There is also a few youtube videos of someone doing these not sure where they got it from :problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-UJdFHfapI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrCSPz-8qq8
Spoiler: show
john1970 wrote: Basically the haya 6.3 is a rebranded heng long 6.1 so should be exactly the same.
What you will need is a single channel 5V relay.

loop the microswitch cn6 a shorter wire would be better

The xenon flash has 3 wires red positive + , blue negative - and black positive signal. Remove the 3 pins from the plug they are in and put the red and blue wire into a 2 pin plug and plug into cn2 red on the left.

The black wire will go into com on the 5v relay i'm using a dual channel relays as i cant find my single 1

To provide the power for the positive signal take a wire from led 1 + and plug into NO on the 5v relay

To power and provide signal for the 5V relay you can use cn10 as the bb gun is no longer in use and is activated when you fire the gun .The negative wire will need to be looped to the ground and signal on the 5V relay and the positive will go to positive on the relay

So when you fire the cannon cn10 will activate the relay which will connect COM with NO sending a positive signal to the xenon flash

Return to “General Questions”