Challenger 3.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jarndice
Colonel

Challenger 3.

Post by jarndice »

With today's announcement of the upgraded Challenger 3 with a new 120mm smoothbore main gun and an upgraded engine with a bigger cooling system the "Accidental" omission in that announcement of the reduction in numbers of in service Challengers by approx 100 units is of course quite unimportant.
I have grave doubts as to the effectiveness of HMS Queen Elizabeth/Prince of Wales trying to defend Central Europe as the Russian armed forces breakout onto the German plains heading West :shh:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Challenger 3.

Post by BarryC »

Though the defense would still be an uphill battle, without the "Warsaw Pack" in place they would have to fight through there first. :thumbup:

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

With the new threat of volleys of hypersonic missiles launched from submarines against fixed infrastructures, these 2 British carriers hiding at sea might be the only surviving British bases around in case of a major war with Russia or China, at least for a while longer until they are found...

Such war can't happen.
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

lmcq11 wrote:With the new threat of volleys of hypersonic missiles launched from submarines against fixed infrastructures, these 2 British carriers hiding at sea might be the only surviving British bases around in case of a major war with Russia or China, at least for a while longer until they are found...

Such war can't happen.
I believe that every Carrier Battle Group of every nation is shadowed by an Attack Sub and a Satellite. I don't think there is much hiding taking place, especially once "it's on"! 8O
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Having just watched the Forces News release with lots of film of the prototype (which looks just like an early Chally 2!!), it sounded just like s new car sales ad. Apart from a better engine cooling system, it has a 'digital turret' which gives you all the sort of things you mobile phones have. WOW!!!!! That'll be able to beat any other MBT then

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Post by Rattlesnake road »

jarndice wrote:With today's announcement of the upgraded Challenger 3 with a new 120mm smoothbore main gun and an upgraded engine with a bigger cooling system the "Accidental" omission in that announcement of the reduction in numbers of in service Challengers by approx 100 units is of course quite unimportant.
I have grave doubts as to the effectiveness of HMS Queen Elizabeth/Prince of Wales trying to defend Central Europe as the Russian armed forces breakout onto the German plains heading West :shh:

There is also the fact that none of the armour is actually tested, the first Gulf war we took a new warrior out onto the ranges and basically shot it up to check its survialbility, the end result was never published. The effective capability of the British Army in about the same time if it was ever known was poor, we only had enough ammunition for 24 hours of combat.

Return to “General Questions”