Peddinghaus decals

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Peddinghaus decals

Post by SimonCornes »

I've not bought any of these to date but I probably will! My question is this, with this make of decal are you provided with any decal placement instructions and even illustrations of the real tank? I'm normally an aircraft modeller so I'm used to aftermarket decal sheets with a lot of information provided as standard.
Thank you
Simon
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Peddinghaus decals

Post by Kaczor »

They come with simple black and white instructions.
Attachments
EP3359-2.jpg
EP3359-2.jpg (33.39 KiB) Viewed 550 times
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Kaczor wrote:They come with simple black and white instructions.
Thank you for that. As long as they include placement instructions then thats okay but it assumes that the modeller knows a lot about the subject - ie camouflage - before he/she orders the decals. I find that slightly off-putting, for example, Peddinghaus 2277 for a Panzer III, Russland 1943. Now would that be a Dunkelgelb overall tank or would it include the green and the red brown disruptive camouflage or even be Panzer Grey and maybe winter distemper? Someone must know but is the information with the decals or is there reference to a book to refer to ?

With your Jagdpanzer IV/70 I know that there is tremendous variation in colour schemes but do the instructions tell you what colours 304 is in? No indication on the website. I have a Jagdpanzer IV conversion so I've picked up some profiles and 304 might be one of them but I find this lack of information on the retailers website to be very discouraging! All it takes is a colour profile and then you can decide if you want to buy those markings or not!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Peddinghaus Decals come with a fully detailed leaflet showing exactly where they should go both verbally and Graphically,
The downsides to Peddinghaus decals is they are very flimsy and they are printed as an uncut sheet which means every decal on a sheet has to be cropped by you so do be very careful with the scissors.
Tell me does it have to be Decals?
I always used decals until I discovered Stencils care of our own RAD SCHUHART who will provide you with your own commissioned stencils or he will send you a selection of ready made items,
Top quality work and eminently affordable when compared with Peddinghaus prices.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

That's worth knowing Shaun. I didn't know that it was a continuous carrier film. Very embarrassing if you don't cut your decals out tightly!
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

However carefully you cut these decals, the cut edge is usually discernible simply because the film is relatively thick. Be sure to use ample decal softener and a firm press with the thumb along the edges. They are not my favourite to work with but they do have a great range for 1/16 tanks.

If you want to use decals then check out Forgebear 'own brand' examples. They go down perfectly with minimal softener and look great.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Questions”