Heng long tiger 1 not starting up

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Prinzmarine
Recruit

Heng long tiger 1 not starting up

Post by Prinzmarine »

Today my tank stopped turning on, the lights start flashing on the tank and the red light comes on, on the controller but when I press the engine button it doesn't start. It was working today and then I turned it off and now it's not working
Last edited by Prinzmarine on Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Heng long tiger 1 not starting up

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

HI there, Prinzmarine. One of the customs on this forum (besides having lots of fun) is to do an introduction of oneself at viewforum.php?f=42. It helps a lot if others know a little bit about your experience with RC tanks and any RC or modeling in general. Then we can answer your questions in ways more helpful to you. We hope to see you at Introduce Yourself--let the fun begin.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hallo, I fear you are in the wrong section of the Forum, Where you are now is for Questions BUT as a new member your first port of call should be the Introduction Page where you tell us about your r/c interests and where in the world you are, I look forward to reading your introduction.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Prinzmarine wrote:Today my tank stopped turning on, the lights start flashing on the tank and the red light comes on, on the controller but when I press the engine button it doesn't start. It was working today and then I turned it off and now it's not working
The first thing that comes to mind is a flat battery,
Are you using Heng Longs Charger ? if you are then that is one reason for its poor abilities,
instead of plugging it into the wall socket I suggest you chuck it into the waste bin,
If the Nicad main battery is fully charged you should check the Batteries in the Transmitter and do check the battery connections in the Transmitter, They are historically very unreliable.
If you have not bought an aftermarket Battery Charger then now is the time to do so, I do not know what battery you are using but after a couple of years they will lose their efficiency especially the Nimh and Nicads which were the original issue from Heng Long.
Lipos have had a mixed reception in this Forum but size for size they have a much greater output and treated with respect they are as safe as any other,
A decent charger can be purchased from Hobbyking for £30 approx, "The Turnigy Accucel" being a good beginning,
"Component Shop" is a reliable dealer in batteries and associated fittings.
I am sure other members will be coming past with other helpful suggestions so keep asking the questions.
Prinzmarine
Recruit

Post by Prinzmarine »

Thank you, I don't have a heng long charger as that one set fire a while ago, I changed the batteries in the controller and checked the connections and it seemed fine. I'm wondering if I have to bind it but I'm not sure how to do it with a heng long tank and the controller I have.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Prinzmarine wrote:Thank you, I don't have a heng long charger as that one set fire a while ago, I changed the batteries in the controller and checked the connections and it seemed fine. I'm wondering if I have to bind it but I'm not sure how to do it with a heng long tank and the controller I have.
8O What did you charge your battery with? it's a Nicd (yellow) or Nimh (green) changes nothing, except that the yellows are old generation and obsolete. I advise you to invest in a real charger, see here post electronics :thumbup:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I agree that the battery is the most likely problem, and even if it isn't, getting a good charger and a good NiMH battery will be worth it to use in all the other tanks for which you will soon be drooling. :D

Another possibility is that one of the connectors has come loose. If you can check this (or have already) it may help. If you are uncomfortable doing so, perhaps you can take a clear photo of the inside of the tank and post it here.

You refer to "a HengLong tank and the controller [you] have." If your transmitter (controller) is the one that came with the tank, then there may be directions for binding the transmitter in the (hilariously translated) instructions that came with the tank. If you can identify the version of HengLong receiver (the big board inside the hull of the tank) and identify your transmitter, someone here can likely help you. Again, taking clear photos will be easiest for us to see what you have.
Sitchey
Recruit

Post by Sitchey »

Hi

Did you get your tank fixed? Mine is doing the exact same thing. I had the cheap charger and battery so can upgrade them if that was your issue
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

A real pity you failed to take any notice of the advice we gave about introducing yourself to the Forum, How about you reread the thread and take the advise we gave in full..
Sitchey
Recruit

Post by Sitchey »

Sorry about that. I've posted up in the introduction thread

Return to “General Questions”