Heng Longs latest PZ4.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jarndice
Colonel

Heng Longs latest PZ4.

Post by jarndice »

I do know that Heng Long have released a PZ 4 with the Version 6.0 control board but I have no other detail, Does anyone have further information?
Is the turret as well detailed as Taigens latest, Are the rear rollers (finally ) lowered, Am I asking to much for a revised lowered engine bay ?
If the H/L Turret is the same as before will Taigens improved turrets wiring and plugs be compatible with the H/L Version 6.0 board ?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HengRong
Recruit

Re: Heng Longs latest PZ4.

Post by HengRong »

Hi Jarndice,

I'm sure I seen version 6.0 Heng Long F2 IV's for sale on Ebay DE a couple of weeks back and they were just the normal tanks with no cosmetic changes. I have just checked there for them but they look to have sold.

Cheers.
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

Google search reveals same tank fitted with 6.0 board as for the Taigen turret it will need to be rewired to fit the heng long board. For example a heng long BB turret has 11 wires while the taigen BB only has 5
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thank you HengRong and John 1970, I was afraid that you would give such answers,It is a pity because if they had been properly modified I would have got to work updating my PZ4s as it is I shall wait for Heng Longs PZ4 bodys to come available again and order a few so that I can get on with the mods that they desperately need because the Taigen body is too much like hard work to bring up to spec.
HengRong
Recruit

Post by HengRong »

I feel your pain Jarndice, all I ever wanted was a reasonably accurate mid version Panzer IV. If Heng Long had produced one, I would probably own 20 of them.

Maybe Trumpeter will RC one of their static Panzer IV's?
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Heng Long will produce tanks with such errors until molds breake. They still sell awful Pantiger in mass so why bother with fixing other models :haha: On the other hand, they have made great progress in modernizing their motherboards in comparison with Taigen.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
My Friend, Jarndice, knows how much effort ( and fun if you are so minded as to call it that ) it takes to make the Heng Long and Taigen Panzer IVs presentable even as dust up jobs. I am content with swapping bodies and turrets, adding metal and doing cut and etch jobs to get mine to where they say "Tank from such and such a year"...and leave it at that. One of these days a Panzer IV will become available on the Mass Market that ticks all the marks. Until then, we 'have fun'.
regards,
Painless
Attachments
2021 Panzer IV.jpg
Last edited by PainlessWolf on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Here for the Dawn...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Kaczor wrote:Heng Long will produce tanks with such errors until molds breake. They still sell awful Pantiger in mass so why bother with fixing other models :haha: On the other hand, they have made great progress in modernizing their motherboards in comparison with Taigen.
I think that after many thousands of PZ4s Heng Long will have gone through many mold's since the first PZ4 rolled down the Chinese production line,
As to the Pan Tiger it cannot be improved because it was never based on an extant vehicle, It was rushed out to fill a place in a market that Heng Longs Tiger 1 had created which came as a total surprise to Heng Long and with Christmas coming they used the only rolling chassis they had (The Tiger1) and placed a cobbled together body on top and it still sells !!!
But back to the PZ4, I think it is strange that Heng Long took the PZ4 out of the market after the initial release of the version 6.0 board before fitting it into a PZ4 and during that time have done nothing else and Taigen even more confusingly introduced a Turret that is the best available and yet still churn out a body and hull that are pitiful in their shortcomings,
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It's easy to forget how Tamiya got all the basics right with their Ausf J. Availability and bank-emptying price are the major drawbacks...
That reminds me, I still need to paint mine in Finnish WW2 colours... :think:
Here the crucial elements are spot on: the sloped engine deck, and the lower fourth return roller..
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Questions”