Heng Long Leopard 2A6 Neutral Steering issue

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Fairchild972
Recruit

Heng Long Leopard 2A6 Neutral Steering issue

Post by Fairchild972 »

I own a 7.0 Leopard 2A6 from Heng Long and for a month it was perfectly fine.

I haven't driven it in a few days and now all of a sudden its having issues with Neutral steering.

It Neutral steers just fine from a standstill the issue arises when coming from any other input.

For example when I'm driving straight or turning with Foward or backward input no matter how fast or slowly when I try to transition to complete neutral steering the motors cut out but the sound still goes like I just kicked it into neutral gear.

It isn't until I reset my steering input to go into neutral steer does it do so successfully.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Heng Long Leopard 2A6 Neutral Steering issue

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hello and welcome to the forum, please take a couple of minutes and visit the introduce yourself section of the forum, you may find that a little background knowledge about yourself/ rc experience etc will get a better response to your question, we are a friendly bunch and I'm sure someone will be along with help regarding the issue you have :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Heng Long Leopard 2A6 Neutral Steering issue

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Hmm, ver 7.0 you say. Could you have accidentally turned off the spin turn option? This shouldn't affect the normal more gradual turns though.

There's no neutral so it it stalls then the motors are stopped. Do you have to restart the tank or will it just move off normally? If the restart process has to be used then it sounds like a power spike has caused the system to reset.

A bit of background about your experience would help here.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection

Return to “General Questions”