Full metal hull upgrade.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
gavlar0
Recruit

Full metal hull upgrade.

Post by gavlar0 »

Hello everyone I'm looking for help on finding a full metal hull upgrade for me Heng Long Tiger 1.

I have seen part metal options but I have yet to find a full metal option that I'm happy to invest in. If anyone can help point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated.

I did wonder if Dave at Forgebear did one?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them"
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Full metal hull upgrade.

Post by jarndice »

I have only once bought a RTR Torro Tiger 1 all my other Tigers were composed of a Heng Long Body and Turret and a Taigen Metal Hull and I truly believe that is the best combination,
Dave is just the man to supply a Taigen Metal Hull complete (Torsion Bar Suspension, Metal Wheels, Metal Tracks and gearboxes) Use a Heng Long Version 6.0 control board or an aftermarket system and you have a winner.
Dave has 3 complete metal hulls left at £85 each which is a bargain not to be missed :thumbup:Although it will still need Wheels and Tracks.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
gavlar0
Recruit

Post by gavlar0 »

Thanks Jarndice. If I understand then the full metal hull on Forgebear is metal reinforced right?

Also as this is an upgrade, I think he does the hull without the gears and motors for £42.50? (Which seems extremely cheap).

Maybe Dave would be able to help clarify.

@forgebear

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you: do ye even so to them"
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

The taigen hull that Dave sells has an inner metal tub with a plastic outer skin, I have bought a couple of these from him and they are much stronger than the standard offering, if I'm not mistaken it also comes with metal suspension arms so that's a big plus as well :thumbup:

Cheers,Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Baz
Recruit

Post by Baz »

I bought a Tiger 1 metal lower hull from Forgebear and it is well worth the money -even with postage to Western Australia. Ended up buying a metal turret also to finish it off.

Return to “General Questions”