Shipping from Germany

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).

Postby jarndice » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:42 pm

abramsky wrote:Hello
There is my 5 cents in in this discussion...

Btw. 50% of Britons voted for Breit. Did no one tell you it was going to be an expensive divorce ???

This Forum (Thankfully) does not embrace political comments BUT you may be sure that of the many who voted either to stay or go a proportion of them thought of more than the financial costs of leaving and knowing that' they (The Leavers) still thought it worthwhile to pay that price.
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:22 pm

jarndice wrote:
abramsky wrote:Hello
There is my 5 cents in in this discussion...

Btw. 50% of Britons voted for Breit. Did no one tell you it was going to be an expensive divorce ???

This Forum (Thankfully) does not embrace political comments BUT you may be sure that of the many who voted either to stay or go a proportion of them thought of more than the financial costs of leaving and knowing that' they (The Leavers) still thought it worthwhile to pay that price.

..and not to labour the point, Britain joined the European ECONOMIC Community- not a would-be superstate federation run by the Germans, and the French; both of whom, incidentally, lost the War. ;)
Britain was a founder member of EFTA and, perhaps, might have been better off remaining in it. But that's all water under the bridge, now.
Or, is that the channel ? :think: :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Postby jhamm » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:18 pm

43rdRecceReg wrote:Or, is that the channel ? :think: :D

It's past.... :haha:
jhamm
Corporal

Postby jarndice » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:02 pm

It is often forgotten that it was Winston Spencer Churchill who was the first advocate for a united European Community although he was quite certain that it was no place for the United Kingdom.
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:07 pm

jarndice wrote:It is often forgotten that it was Winston Spencer Churchill who was the first advocate for a united European Community although he was quite certain that it was no place for the United Kingdom.

...and he also drove the European Convention on Human Rights, in between bottles of brandy and champers!. Yes, well, it's a case of made do and mend, now- as it used to be. Still, I have learned that buying through eBay, is one way of keeping the hobby within reasonable manageable financial limits. Another would be to rig the keyboard up so that the tank addict gets an electric shock every time he hits the 'Buy Tank!" option button. :think: :D
43rdRecceReg
Major

Postby 971wright » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:48 pm

Having read these comments ,it is the businesses in the EU who will lose out with a fall in sales to UK. Some bright spark in China or the far east will spot this and step in supplying the bits we used to buy from EU.
They may not be the same quality but they will be cheaper. Take a look at how the hobby as developed since 2006 when a I started with tanks, you could count on your hands the number of tanks for sale on Ebay . Most of the hobby is now driven from the Far East,so not to worried about the cost of bits from EU . The more free trade agreements set in place the better.

regards pete

971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Postby jarndice » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:41 pm

They will be in most cases the exact same quality because China is where most of the Parts are originally sourced,
I buy from Europe because the logistics are more predictable,
I know I can obtain from the PRC the item/s I want for the same or less money than I can from rc tank.de or from forgebeartanks.com but I also know that in days I will have in my hands the product I need from these two heroes whereas the supply chain from China is subject to the vagaries of wind and political interference as witness the recent incident in the Suez Canal.
The EU will sooner or later be forced by European Commercial interests to stop giving grief to the UK and trade will resume in a relatively sensible fashion between the EU and the UK.
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby jackalope » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:48 am

Politics are a bad thing to bring to the forum! We've kept this place politics free out of respect to our extremely varied and valued members. Nothing good ever comes from political discussions on an international forum. I've seen the damage it can cause and would respectfully request the conversation be steered in a different direction.

Thank you.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:13 pm

jackalope wrote:Politics are a bad thing to bring to the forum! We've kept this place politics free out of respect to our extremely varied and valued members. Nothing good ever comes from political discussions on an international forum. I've seen the damage it can cause and would respectfully request the conversation be steered in a different direction.

Thank you.

Duly noted. The thread was intended to highlight ways of accessing models and model parts, in Mainland Europe- and elsewhere, of course, for the minimum of financial grief. :) and whilst maintaining the broadest range of sources. :thumbup:
Any savvy hints and tips (legal ones!) on buying bits, with the minimum of interference from HMRC and other official bodies, will be most welcome.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Postby jarndice » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:31 pm

I fear a moderator will need to shut this thread because the basic premise of this discussion is based on the revised trade rules drawn up by the UK and EU and these are wholly politically motivated,
There are postage problems being suffered in the UK when buying product from beyond the United Kingdoms borders,
These problems are almost exclusively Political as they are the direct result of the UK Leaving the EU at the beginning of this year.
Is there a problem ? YES,
Can it be resolved ? YES,
Will politics be involved ? YES,
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:19 pm

Well Shaun, like you said, with this particular topic it's unavoidable.
And two of us mods have contributed to the discussion at hand, although, Mr Bix probably thinks we are a whinging bunch of Poms because we've had it so good for so long compared to those in the Australasia area lol.

Mr Jackalope was merely giving out a gentle reminder to keep things civil like they have been so far.
As you know, we just want to avoid two sides of the political spectrum colliding on this forum (there are other places on the world wide web dedicated to that sort of thing, Twatter instance).
It doesn't matter which side ones on, what's done is done, now it's best to just make the most of it, and share devious ways to stick it to the tax man/woman/other, but don't say it too loudly, we don't want them getting ideas and spoiling our fun ;)
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby jackalope » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:09 pm

We just don't want our forum to devolve into mud slinging and name calling. I'm literally going through what I don't want to happen here elsewhere all because someone took something out of context politically and went ape shit bonkers on me. I apologized for any misunderstanding but the damage is done and I had to block the person.
Y'all can chat about whatever strikes your fancy as long as it doesn't get nasty. That's all I was getting at in my previous post.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Postby PainlessWolf » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:19 pm

Hello,
I have been ordering parts from Germany through the Amazing Forgebear for the last couple of Builds. I'm in the US but still as Dave is kind to remind me, I am taking a hiding for the parts I need from German sites because of their postal rates. ( not going to name names since anyone here ordering from Germany knows whereof I speak ) It's everywhere, Gentlemen. One day, hopefully, things will get better.
regards,
Painless
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:36 am

All hail Forgebear.
Attachments
giphy (7).gif
giphy (7).gif (2.03 MiB) Viewed 153 times
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Kaczor » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:03 am

jarndice wrote:The EU will sooner or later be forced by European Commercial interests to stop giving grief to the UK and trade will resume in a relatively sensible fashion between the EU and the UK.

Probably later. It's all politics. The EU has to show the members: if you leave you will have problems like the UK.
Kaczor
Sergeant

Postby General Jumbo01 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:49 pm

It's like somebody said above, so long as we don't express our political views, discussing the simple symptoms and how to avoid catching a cold is just life and we are all playing that game. This thread can be very helpful providing we keep it all factual and constructive.

As l mentioned in the 'Sailing' thread, l ordered several items from China over the past couple of weeks, all free post, and all have already arrived. Not bad.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:45 pm

General Jumbo01 wrote:It's like somebody said above, so long as we don't express our political views, discussing the simple symptoms and how to avoid catching a cold is just life and we are all playing that game. This thread can be very helpful providing we keep it all factual and constructive.

As l mentioned in the 'Sailing' thread, l ordered several items from China over the past couple of weeks, all free post, and all have already arrived. Not bad.

Presumably, before the Suez Canal got a severe case of constipation :lolno:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Postby General Jumbo01 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:43 am

We'll actually, no,. I think Banggood are using the new cross land China express goods train service now, non-stop 3 days if l remember correctly. All envelopes/boxes were correctly* customs labelled and handled by the Post Office our end.

*more or less......

General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Postby jarndice » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:02 am

General Jumbo01 wrote:We'll actually, no,. I think Banggood are using the new cross land China express goods train service now, non-stop 3 days if l remember correctly. All envelopes/boxes were correctly* customs labelled and handled by the Post Office our end.

*more or less......

My understanding is it would be quicker and cheaper if there was only one gauge throughout the trip but there are multiple gauges, also the 3 days is from the railhead in the PRC to the railhead in Europe, Customs and other delays add a lot more time.
And you then have to add distribution and warehousing to the total journey time from the dealer to the customer.
jarndice
Lieutenant-Colonel

Postby Shootermcgraw » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:08 am

General Jumbo01 wrote:We'll actually, no,. I think Banggood are using the new cross land China express goods train service now, non-stop 3 days if l remember correctly. All envelopes/boxes were correctly* customs labelled and handled by the Post Office our end.

*more or less......

I would be more interested in the German express train if there were such a thing for cheaper postal costs? Guess we're all stuck with the tax imposed on us from that sector.....what a joke.

Sent from my 9032Z using Tapatalk
Shootermcgraw
Private

PreviousNext

Return to General Questions