Shipping from Germany

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Shipping from Germany

Post by jarndice »

abramsky wrote:Hello
There is my 5 cents in in this discussion...

Btw. 50% of Britons voted for Breit. Did no one tell you it was going to be an expensive divorce ???
This Forum (Thankfully) does not embrace political comments BUT you may be sure that of the many who voted either to stay or go a proportion of them thought of more than the financial costs of leaving and knowing that' they (The Leavers) still thought it worthwhile to pay that price.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:
abramsky wrote:Hello
There is my 5 cents in in this discussion...

Btw. 50% of Britons voted for Breit. Did no one tell you it was going to be an expensive divorce ???
This Forum (Thankfully) does not embrace political comments BUT you may be sure that of the many who voted either to stay or go a proportion of them thought of more than the financial costs of leaving and knowing that' they (The Leavers) still thought it worthwhile to pay that price.
..and not to labour the point, Britain joined the European ECONOMIC Community- not a would-be superstate federation run by the Germans, and the French; both of whom, incidentally, lost the War. ;)
Britain was a founder member of EFTA and, perhaps, might have been better off remaining in it. But that's all water under the bridge, now.
Or, is that the channel ? :think: :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

43rdRecceReg wrote: Or, is that the channel ? :think: :D
It's past.... :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

It is often forgotten that it was Winston Spencer Churchill who was the first advocate for a united European Community although he was quite certain that it was no place for the United Kingdom.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jarndice wrote:It is often forgotten that it was Winston Spencer Churchill who was the first advocate for a united European Community although he was quite certain that it was no place for the United Kingdom.
...and he also drove the European Convention on Human Rights, in between bottles of brandy and champers!. Yes, well, it's a case of made do and mend, now- as it used to be. Still, I have learned that buying through eBay, is one way of keeping the hobby within reasonable manageable financial limits. Another would be to rig the keyboard up so that the tank addict gets an electric shock every time he hits the 'Buy Tank!" option button. :think: :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Having read these comments ,it is the businesses in the EU who will lose out with a fall in sales to UK. Some bright spark in China or the far east will spot this and step in supplying the bits we used to buy from EU.
They may not be the same quality but they will be cheaper. Take a look at how the hobby as developed since 2006 when a I started with tanks, you could count on your hands the number of tanks for sale on Ebay . Most of the hobby is now driven from the Far East,so not to worried about the cost of bits from EU . The more free trade agreements set in place the better.

regards pete
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

They will be in most cases the exact same quality because China is where most of the Parts are originally sourced,
I buy from Europe because the logistics are more predictable,
I know I can obtain from the PRC the item/s I want for the same or less money than I can from rc tank.de or from forgebeartanks.com but I also know that in days I will have in my hands the product I need from these two heroes whereas the supply chain from China is subject to the vagaries of wind and political interference as witness the recent incident in the Suez Canal.
The EU will sooner or later be forced by European Commercial interests to stop giving grief to the UK and trade will resume in a relatively sensible fashion between the EU and the UK.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Politics are a bad thing to bring to the forum! We've kept this place politics free out of respect to our extremely varied and valued members. Nothing good ever comes from political discussions on an international forum. I've seen the damage it can cause and would respectfully request the conversation be steered in a different direction.

Thank you.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

jackalope wrote:Politics are a bad thing to bring to the forum! We've kept this place politics free out of respect to our extremely varied and valued members. Nothing good ever comes from political discussions on an international forum. I've seen the damage it can cause and would respectfully request the conversation be steered in a different direction.

Thank you.
Duly noted. The thread was intended to highlight ways of accessing models and model parts, in Mainland Europe- and elsewhere, of course, for the minimum of financial grief. :) and whilst maintaining the broadest range of sources. :thumbup:
Any savvy hints and tips (legal ones!) on buying bits, with the minimum of interference from HMRC and other official bodies, will be most welcome.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I fear a moderator will need to shut this thread because the basic premise of this discussion is based on the revised trade rules drawn up by the UK and EU and these are wholly politically motivated,
There are postage problems being suffered in the UK when buying product from beyond the United Kingdoms borders,
These problems are almost exclusively Political as they are the direct result of the UK Leaving the EU at the beginning of this year.
Is there a problem ? YES,
Can it be resolved ? YES,
Will politics be involved ? YES,

Return to “General Questions”