Shipping from Germany

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
43rdRecceReg
Major

Shipping from Germany

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Perhaps I've missed some discussions on the topic so far, but I thought it worth mentioning the shock I got, recently, when ordering a Schumo part from Axel's Modellbau
I'd say, on average the typical small box of bits would have cost in the region of 14 Euros previously. That's around £12, but obviously charges will always fluctuate slightly.
I have to say, though, that my most recent order has attracted a charge of £35 for post and packing.! :O The item itself, an M4 travel barrel lock, is only valued at around 20 Euros. I'm just wondering whether I'm going to be sent the full-size WW2 item!. :lolno:
:O Yes- I was a mug, but once bitten... :{

Needless to say, I can't fritter funds like this and, much as I've benefitted from buying parts, and even a full-option Tamiya Tiger 1 (which cost less to post!!) from Axle's in the past- I won't be a customer in the future. :problem:
Am I right in thinking, that bits can still be had from Germany via eBay UK at reasonable postal rates? Yes, I understand, there may well be customs duties and more to pay on items above a certain value. I'm talking about spares and accessories in the main.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Shipping from Germany

Post by Kaczor »

Welcome to Brexit.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

I don't know if after Brexit?
I confirm, that for France it is the same, 15 € shipping for a 5 € piece, think carefully if necessary before. And if not in stock, no need to send email to know the deadline? never answer. Is this due to the fact that only Schumo distributor?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Just been on the Heng Long Panzer de site, the shipping would have only been 12.90 had they had the part you require.
Sadly this tax stupidity wasn't predicted by anyone. And it would appear that some sellers are putting up their handling portion of their shipping and handling to an excess, maybe they are trying to put us off from purchasing from them.
Technically they should remove their version of vat like they would for the states, but then add ours on, but I've noticed they keep theirs the same, then load us with the handling charge to cover it.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Jofaur86 wrote:I don't know if after Brexit?
I confirm, that for France it is the same, 15 € shipping for a 5 € piece, think carefully if necessary before. And if not in stock, no need to send email to know the deadline? never answer. Is this due to the fact that only Schumo distributor?
15 euros seems about right, the minimum unless you got it in an envelope was about that pre brexit
Kaczor

Post by Kaczor »

Yep, I had issues with Axel's customer service also. Fortunately thanks to PayPal protecion they returned my money back. And I wonder why if it's such huge demand for Schumo parts, they not make more of them. I.e. Sherman details.

In case of shipment cost - on Polish forum we often make "group orders" when buing something abroad. One person order and we split shipment cost depending on the number of people. Even with additional delivery cost inside Poland it's still much cheaper. With Polish salaries, those delivery cost are even more significant ;)
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I know Lego isn't the same thing.
But I made a rather large order on a site called Brick Owl on the weekend, the seller was in Norway, when I got to the paying stage, I noticed that all the prices that already had Norwegian vat added had been put up another 20% on top, and the shipping charge to the UK suddenly more than doubled from what it was within my basket, then add the PayPal conversion to euros fee, I cancelled the order out of principle.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

If you go on axel's site put a random part in the basket and play around with the postage drop down menu the UK charge is the same as Australia and more expensive than the US.
asiatam still charge the same so do Atak model
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Just so you all feel less aggrieved, what the exchange rate $AUD against the ( insert your local currency) again ???
Oh yeah , waaaaayyyyy better
So Shhhh :/ & be happy you even can get the stuff in the first place .
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Asiatam who are also in Germany Roy have always had a less than attractive postage charge. It's ok if you are putting a decent size order together but when you only need 1 item that will fit into an envelope they still wanted nearly 20€ for postage on an item that was around 5€ to buy and that was a couple of years ago now so it could well be more at this time. I would buy a lot more from them if that wasn't the case :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:

Return to “General Questions”