Shipping from Germany

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Shipping from Germany

Post by Kaczor »

I would be more interested in the German express train if there were such a thing for cheaper postal costs? Guess we're all stuck with the tax imposed on us from that sector.....what a joke
At least in USA you don't have pay 19-23% VAT ;)
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The sole reason for my failure to buy more products from ETO in the USA is the criminal US Mail costs,
It amazes me that someone in the Federal Government has not realised how much trade the US loses through people not dealing with them because of the excessive Postal Charges,
ETO do not help themselves because they are based in the Ukraine but only market through their US Shop.
I was on the look out for a set of very small Wing/Butterfly nuts and found a dealer in California with the exact item and the price was just $2.50 BUT the US Postal Service wanted to add $18 :crazy:
Unsurprisingly my custom went to China, £3 with Freepost. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Kaczor wrote:
I would be more interested in the German express train if there were such a thing for cheaper postal costs? Guess we're all stuck with the tax imposed on us from that sector.....what a joke
Your quite right BUT they do have a number of delightful money raising schemes such as State and other taxes which more than make up for a lack of VAT.
I have a confession to make to our international members,
It was the British in the guise of Rowland Hill who introduced a postal system although at the time it was only a penny per item :lolno:
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

China to Barking depot is Apparently 18 days and rail guages are dealt with by changing the wagon bogies! So are we seeing airmail being used or are the Chinese retailers using locally based warehouses. All the items were listed as their China warehouse, not EU. At least Forgebear uses a UK depot.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Lots of the European Dealers send a shopping list to the various Chinese factories who fill a Container and "Ship" it out direct but "Banggood" have warehouses throughout the World and they fill containers and for the European market they send them to the CZ and/or UK warehouse where the items are individually packaged and distribution is carried out by Banggood or the local Postal service.
Product is often posted directly from the PRC to the customer depending on availability.
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Yes, and l suspect they send to local warehouses the items they are promoting but in this case all the items arrived in packaging from China, confirmed by my postie when l told him how fast they were arriving. I'd like to think this is a trend but it's probably just a freak accident caused by a multi-universe black hole transit phenomenon. There were be several reports of this discovery yesterday......

Sent from my ASUS_X00TDB using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I've never bought anything from Banggood, Alibaba, Taobao et al, but I must look more closely at the benefits. :problem:
Interestingly, the Chinese are planning to build a new commercial superhighway between the PRC and Europe. It's a sort of modern Silk Road. This is the proposed route:
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/06/ ... explainer/
Proposed new Silk Road
Proposed new Silk Road
Click to enlarge
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Shootermcgraw
Private

Post by Shootermcgraw »

Kaczor wrote:
True...Kaczor, it's absurd..... Too many hands deep into the pockets. I'm still waiting for this so called free trade agreements to kick in.... (That's an understatement) maybe it will happen now that the uk split from the eu? But wait the parts and toys I am most interested in are made in Germany so I'm never going to get a deal on shipping....Image

Sent from my ONA19TB003 using Tapatalk

You can call me Will:
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Brexit unfortunately being taken advantage of!
We have had this happen, we also had some suppliers refuse to send because they cant figure correct paperwork and tariff numbers to apply. We have even resorted to using friends to purchase items for us to their own address and then post personally to us. It's crazy! Postage prices gone up, also customs charges and then royal mail stick a handling charge if not done properly so things are getting more expensive. Even found stuff that usually comes international and then comes thru EU country first now attracts other issues when it eventually comes into UK.
Some parts are now just cheaper to buy in the UK in the short term, but they would have come across international many months ago, so ok at moment, but when that runs dry, we all just be paying more anyway.
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Shootermcgraw wrote:I'm still waiting for this so called free trade agreements to kick in....
Free trade just means trade free from Tariffs, Quotas and other restrictions designed to protect a countries home market. Free trade deals will have no effect on the price of our toys, as they are not subject to these restrictions.

Return to “General Questions”