Stug 111 questions

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
John Glover
Lance Corporal

Stug 111 questions

Post by John Glover »

Just purchased a Heng long Stug 111 and Taigen hull but I am hoping the members can help out with some answers .One.On the Heng Long Stug there is two identical aerial mounts,left and right.Is this correct or should there be only one. I thought that most German tanks etc only had two because it was a command tank.Two.Stugs went from using a S tow hook to C tow hook at some stage. The type we associate with Tigers and Panthers but a smaller scale.Any one know when this happened. In the famous photo of a captured Stug 111 with G.I,s manning it you can see it has C tow hooks installed. I see one of the members used these on his Stug 111 build and R.C Tank.DE have the smaller ones available which I would like to use when replacing the molded Heng Long S hooks. Any answers greatly appreciated .Regards John.
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya King Tiger [Porsche turret]
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya Panther
HL/Taigen Stug 111

Return to “General Questions”