Notek truck lights

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Notek truck lights

Post by silversurfer1947 »

I am after some information about the Notek front and rear lights. I know the rear light was green, but I can't find any information oabout the front hooded light. What I have discovered is that it was a 35 watt bulb, which faced to the rear and the light was bounced back off a mirror. Would it have been an ordinary white light or was it coloured?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Notek truck lights

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I hope this helps Richard :thumbup:

Illuminating the WWII German vehicle ‘Notek light’ | HeraldNet.com
https://www.heraldnet.com/life/illumina ... tek-light/
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Oh, yeah! Thanks SOG! That article on the Notek light comes from one of my favorites places. If anyone reading here wonders what wonders to see in the US Pacific Northwest, the Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum, Boeing Field, and the Historic Flight Foundation. And in my 'neck of the woods" there is the Experimental Aircraft Association at Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Funny thing, too, some softsides and AFVs show up at these places, especially the first I listed, the FHC, which recently changed to the FHCAM. :thumbup:
FredtheFrench
Corporal

Post by FredtheFrench »

For front, maybe yellow. But for rear, it was red or green, with squares. :thumbup:
Sorry for my spelling mistakes, I try to do better every day...
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Return to “General Questions”