IR compatibility

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Armour1944
Recruit

IR compatibility

Post by Armour1944 »

I'm new to the UK club scene - which IR system should I get (so that it is compatible with other club members)?
jarndice
Colonel

Re: IR compatibility

Post by jarndice »

There is an International System and it is based upon the Tamiya I/R System,
This allows you the choice of operating a Tamiya i/r equipped Tank or a Heng Long Tank with a Version 6.0 mfu,
The Heng Long V6.0 system out of the box is compatible but not competitive against a dedicated Tamiya System BUT with not much work it can be made to be a winner in a Tank Battle,
The alternatives are replacement MFUs with Tamiyas i/r capability which of course also means a new receiver and transmitter,
The IBU2, the Elmod Fusion and the ASP2 are all very able and other boards such as the Clark will do the job,
Do not forget you will need an "Apple" :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Rather than use a very obtrusive "Apple", you can fit a hidden system, which incorporates both IR detectors and hit lights. If you search, wibblywobbly has posted a how to thread.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Armour1944
Recruit

Post by Armour1944 »

Sounds complicated. Is there an Idiots Guide to all of this anywhere?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

If you actually look at the Electronics section, you will find the thread entitled How to Make a Battle System.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Armour1944
Recruit

Post by Armour1944 »

Will do -thanks

Return to “General Questions”