Heng Long 6.0 v Challenger II Advice

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Challenger II
Recruit

Heng Long 6.0 v Challenger II Advice

Post by Challenger II »

Hello, I hoping someone can help me please?

For Christmas I brought myself a “Heng Long 6.0 v Challenger II Special Edition Camouflage 1/16 BB Shooting Smoking Sounding PRO” it’s my first remote controlled anything so please excuse my ignorance on any matters.

I purchased the Challenger from Haya themselves, I wanted the camouflaged version which had been out of stock for a while and the new stock arrived just before Christmas.

There seems to be a few differences in the tank from the multiple video unboxing and builds videos I watched before buying one.

The power On/Off switch in now under the rear mud guard, the battery is a Super LI-ion and it appears the smoke vents no longer come off, mine will not move at all despite putting quite some force into it.

Does anyone one have any experience of these? Where am I supposed to put the smoke oil??

I also want to remove the hull to enable me to paint the drive wheels and tracks but I have tried 8-10 different screwdrivers and none fit? Does anyone know what heads the screws have?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help.

Carl.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Heng Long 6.0 v Challenger II Advice

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Hi and welcome to the forum. While you are waiting for replies to your questions, perhaps you would like to go the "Introduce Yourself" thread and do just that, as you would have been requested to do in your welcome message. You say you bought the tank new from Haya. Have you gone back to them and asked your questions? Andrew Haya is very helpful
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Challenger II
Recruit

Post by Challenger II »

silversurfer1947 wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum. While you are waiting for replies to your questions, perhaps you would like to go the "Introduce Yourself" thread and do just that, as you would have been requested to do in your welcome message. You say you bought the tank new from Haya. Have you gone back to them and asked your questions? Andrew Haya is very helpful

Hello silversurfer1947, I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself as you’ve mentioned, I wasn’t aware I had too, my welcome e mail makes no mention of this, sorry :S :S

Carl
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

That's OK. Thanks for the introduction. The email should have mentioned it. We will look into that. Again welcome. There is a huge amount of knowledge here. Be warned though. This may be your first tank, but it will not be your last.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Post by Rattlesnake road »

The smoke oil is normally filled through the left vent, you remove the vent cover and inject the oil, not as simple as it should be I found. Good luck.
Should add you can contact Andrew at Haya make sure you fully explain your problem.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

It doesn't take much either, just a few drops. Don't overfill it or you will have issues.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Challenger II
Recruit

Post by Challenger II »

Hello thanks for the replies and welcome.

My vents were solid, nothing like the vents you see people removing on YouTube etc.

I removed the top of the tank, pushed the left hand tab from underneath as this is the one that is solid and pulled from above resulting in the left hand tab snapping off. :'(

I then tried the right hand vent having seen that both had pipes for smoke underneath. This time I used a very thin knife blade between the vent and the chassis pushing up with the blade whilst also pulling up with my other hand, again the left hand tab snapped off. :'(

These vents were not loose like in the online videos :'(
Rattlesnake road
Lance Corporal

Post by Rattlesnake road »

Sorry to read that problem happened, have no idea what the issue could of been
Challenger II
Recruit

Post by Challenger II »

Happy ending, I e-mailed Andrew at HAYA and he kindly sent out a couple or replacements, great customer service. I’ve just got to knock out the two broken tabs and investigate what the problem was and resolve it.

Return to “General Questions”