LED light

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
stokes
Recruit

LED light

Post by stokes »

Evening quick question I have brought a LED tiger 1 front metal light from beartank do I need a resister or plug straight into my Henglong 6.0s. Many thanks
RenoirLV
Corporal

Re: LED light

Post by RenoirLV »

I’d think you don’t because the older versions don’t need resistors. If you can check with a multimeter it should be around 3V for these lights to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Re: LED light

Post by abramsky »

stokes wrote:Evening quick question I have brought a LED tiger 1 front metal light from beartank do I need a resister or plug straight into my Henglong 6.0s. Many thanks
The LED sockets in the 6.0 MFU power the LEDs with a voltage of 3V, so go ahead as long as the color of the LED you are using corresponds (approximately) to a voltage of 3V. You don't need of any resistors.
To be sure, check this link https://www.google.com/search?q=led+col ... 13&bih=826
and read the values of the diode color you are interested in (usually the values in Volts are approximate).
Just don't forget and don't confuse + with - (plus and minus). The plus (+) on the 6.0 MFU is on the right (closer to the edge of the case).

If you plan to use any of the yellow LEDs - be careful. They usually work with 2V. In this case, you must use a resistor on the + (positive) diode.

Update:
And one more thing. Are you planning to connect one or two LEDs? I have just checked my 6.1 MFU and according to the description on the board and measurement with a multimeter, the LED 5-6 connectors are powered with 3V, and LED's 1-4 connectors ( where you have lights LED3 and LED4 ) are powered with 6V, which with a voltage drop of 1.2V on two LEDs gives 4.8V. One LED may not last too long.

Return to “General Questions”