Tamiya/Heng Long

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jarndice
Colonel

Tamiya/Heng Long

Post by jarndice »

What parts if any are interchangeable between the Tamiya and the Heng Long Abrams ?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Re: Tamiya/Heng Long

Post by abramsky »

I have an almost complete Abrams chassis from Tamyia and as I noticed the HL upper hull is wider and probably also longer by a few mm, but it can be adjusted - see BarryC conversion. But the whole suspension certainly does not fit (including road wheels and sprocket). Different suspension and drive mounting systems mean that you have some work to do. Unfortunately, I don't have the Tamyia upper hull to say more, but from what I've seen, the bearing and turret drive are completely different to those in the HL.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thank you Sir. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Now this is very cruel Shaun!!

For a moment I thought you were starting a build thread with lots of pictures :/
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “General Questions”