What resistor ??

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Dinky
Recruit

What resistor ??

Post by Dinky »

Happy New year all,does anyone know the specs on the resistor used in the GI tank smokers 7.4v smoke units,i want to try and get one in the tarr unit I have as it doesn't produce much smoke,or does anybody know a better resistor that would work in the tarr and be plugged into a TK80 on a 2s lipo that would make more smoke
Thanks
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: What resistor ??

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I don't know the speck for that particular smoker, but I know that people use 10 ohm 1 watt wire wound resisters in their home made smoker modifications.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Re: What resistor ??

Post by 971wright »

HI The smoke units do not have resistors inside them ,it is Ni crome wire. Which gets hot when power is passed through it, same wire is found in Hair dryers.

regards pete

Return to “General Questions”