Help with electronics?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Valkja
Recruit

Help with electronics?

Post by Valkja »

First of all Happy New Year to everyone. I started out earlier this year with a secondhand HL Tiger1 early version and decided to upgrade it after trolling through the Internet. as you This idea turned into a runaway monster as I have now have built a essentially a (Taigen) Tiger1 with the latest 2.4Ghz control system and IR turret with barrel recoil. So here is my problem, I have managed to get the tank to run, smoke and sound working, turret turning, barrel raising and lowering but can not seem to get the barrel to recoil, the only time the recoil works is when the tank is first started up, does anyone have any idea or suggestions?
Attachments
Lower - Upper Hull.jpg
Upper Hull.jpg
Hull Tiger 1 - 01.jpg
Hull Tiger 1 - 01.jpg (70.59 KiB) Viewed 345 times
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Help with electronics?

Post by Jimster »

I’m no electronics expert but I would trace the wiring from the recoil unit all the way to the mfu and compare what you have to a diagram online. I’m not sure why the initial startup is sending a signal to actuate the recoil unit. I hate wiring! Good luck and better recommendations are sure to follow.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Help with electronics?

Post by Jimster »

By the way, I started out just like you and turned a Heng Long into a Taigen 8)

Return to “General Questions”