Question for IR battlers

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Question for IR battlers

Post by tankme »

Good to hear it works. The LED I use for testing was pulled from an old computer case I recycled. I just threw a cable and JST plug on it.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
abramsky
Lance Corporal

Post by abramsky »

quitcherbitchen wrote:Happy to report it works. Polarity issue. Thank you everyone.
I knew it :D
Good job!!!
quitcherbitchen
Private

Post by quitcherbitchen »

Does anyone have any idea how the wire schematic for CN2 is ? is the LED + - Sig - + start from the right side or the left? In other words, if I make a 5 pin Hgx how should I orient the wires into the clark board looking at it from the top. Hope I make sense. Does anyone have a picture of how theirs is?

This is from Clarks Manual
CN2 Infrared Port
1. HBU/TBU + This is left pin? When I put a meter on it I get 5.04 volts when connecting the black to the neg
2. HBU/TBU SIG This I haven't seen any voltage. Assume that it sends signal when hit.
3. HBU/TBU - This the meter has proven to be negative
4. TBU FLASH LED - This no power, but I don't really expect it be on.
5. TBU FLASH LED + Same for this no power. I guess a hit would register and make it power.
Heng Long Panzer III
How I learned to love the bomb
quitcherbitchen
Private

Post by quitcherbitchen »

I figured out the pins by looking at the Clark TK 60 schematic. The TK 24-40 Schematic is pretty useless for knowing what is the correct polarity. Of course, using a multimeter helps, but I wish they would label them. Everything works great now.
Heng Long Panzer III
How I learned to love the bomb

Return to “General Questions”