heng long panzer 3 early

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
ARIA53
Recruit

heng long panzer 3 early

Post by ARIA53 »

Hi guys, i have a henglong panzer 3 (one of the first produced by henglong i guess) metal tracks sound smoke etc with the 8 pack AA battery. It has a problem in that you switch the transmitter on, switch the tank on (lights flash) then press the start up key and it goes into an endless cycle of the simulated firing mode and wont do anything else ! any ideas welcome please !
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: heng long panzer 3 early

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello,
disconnect the turret connector, and check if the motors are working? the 7.2 V battery is fully charged ?
ARIA53
Recruit

Post by ARIA53 »

Thanks, i have the version with the 9.6v AA battery 8 backpack power supply, i believe the later ones Taigen and the like too are 7.2v stickpack like the other types of tanks available, ive not taken it apart before so any links would be helpful please, just want to get it sorted as it was a gift to a young tank newby ! batterys all good (new) and charged
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

I think it is time for an Heng Long electronic upgrade, cheaply available on eBay and elsewhere, and more fun to operate.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Your bb gun didn't finish its full cycle. I once had this, it was due to a faulty left stick on the transmitter. Edit, but it can also be caused by a sticking micro switch on the bb unit.

There is a way to stop this happening. I found the solution on this very forum before I joined. I'll have a look for the old posting.

I'll be back.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Found it, read the reply by rogerloosli

Tracks continuously recoiling - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=195&t=9644

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

lmcq11 wrote:I think it is time for an Heng Long electronic upgrade, cheaply available on eBay and elsewhere, and more fun to operate.
I agree, although you can stop the fault, unless you find the cause, either faulty controller, or faulty BB unit, the tank will keep having a fit from time to time, basically any time the firing sequence does not fully cycle.

Return to “General Questions”