Anyone know the RAL colour for this?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Anyone know the RAL colour for this?

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

I forgot to include this pic of the actual decals... :/

They're fairly easy to use, if your eyesight's up to it, and you don't have fingers like gherkins :D Good tweezers also help.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Uh-oh: can I plead age? Actually you can Amin up my Herr Doctor Professor title with stupiditas maximus. :eh: On Wednesday I dug through my cache of decals and noticed that I had the "WWII Tamiya German Military Insignia Decal Set" complete with both sides instruction page. :O

Now as to memory problems: regarding the Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil." The lines cited in this thread as...

"I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank..."

... I thought were:

"I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
And divided Spain"

a) Am I incorrect?
b) Could there be two versions?
c) Am I totally missing something here?
d) all of the above.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Adolf Hitler and Francisco Franco for all that they were both dictators of Fascist governed countries in the early to mid 20 century did not get on,
With the plea for help from the other fascist leader Mussolini for military aid in North Africa from Germany, Mr Hitler set up a meeting with Franco with a plan for Spain to annexe Gibraltar thereby allowing free passage into the Med for the German Navy,
Surely the war in North Africa would have had a very different result had that plan come to pass,
As it was Hitler came out of his meeting with Franco saying "I would rather have all my Wisdom Teeth Removed without anesthetic than spend another hour in the company of that man",
The rest is history.And no I do not think the Rolling Stones "Sympathy for the Devil" refers to Spain in any version.So (A) :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:Uh-oh: can I plead age? Actually you can Amin up my Herr Doctor Professor title with stupiditas maximus. :eh: On Wednesday I dug through my cache of decals and noticed that I had the "WWII Tamiya German Military Insignia Decal Set" complete with both sides instruction page. :O

Now as to memory problems: regarding the Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil." The lines cited in this thread as...

"I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
And the bodies stank..."

... I thought were:

"I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
And divided Spain"

a) Am I incorrect?
b) Could there be two versions?
c) Am I totally missing something here?
d) all of the above.
I don't think it's unusual for folk to have their own 'versions' of lyrics. Until recently, I always thought the Beatles sang (In 'She, Said She Said') :problem: "..and you're making me feel like I've never belonged", when, in fact, Lennon sings, "...and you're making me feel like I've never been born". Doubtless, someone would put a Freudian, Jungian, and -these days- neuroscientific slant on the phenomenon. However, Prof., I think it's simply explained by the fact that all of us are ever so slightly different between the ears, and will (subconsciously) hear, and see what we either want, or expect, to see or hear.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

And, then, of course, there are such enjoyable mis-hearing instances as the great CCR song, "There's the bathroom on the right" or Jimmy Hendrix's line "'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy."
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:And, then, of course, there are such enjoyable mis-hearing instances as the great CCR song, "There's the bathroom on the right" or Jimmy Hendrix's line "'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy."
Please I beg you don't let us continue with this because It may well last for the rest of the century,
Everyone has a lyric that is wrong and some are funny and some are scurrilous and some are both but life (At Least Mine) is too short for them all on the Forum :thumbdown: :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

The Tamiya Uniform Insignia decals came as a chance discovery for me. Peddinghaus also produce them, I see. :wave: With these, it's possible to give the uniform a credible look even if the face, for want of artistic flare, ends up looking like this:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Now that is funny!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Jimster wrote:Now that is funny!
:Cheers, Jim :D :thumbup:

Return to “General Questions”