DKLM gearbox with HL v6 v6.1 v6.1S

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
wibblywobbly
Major

DKLM gearbox with HL v6 v6.1 v6.1S

Post by wibblywobbly »

Will the DKLM Leapord gearbox work with the latest HL boards eg V6 onwards, or only with aftermarket boards?
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: DKLM gearbox with HL v6 plis

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

It's a curious thing, but I recall reading somewhere that V6.1s units are compatible with PDSGB gearboxes. Can't think where, though- and there's no confirmatory suggestion of compatibility on the DKLM website. :problem: Or is this the dual 550 product they sell, specifically for the Leopard? They do show a video posted by Forgebear running the motors with an IBU3, but make absolutely no mention of
MFU compatibility in general. :think: It would be helpful if they did.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I have read the HL manual end to end, and although there is fine tuning available for fwd/rev and turning speed etc, there is no specific mention. Rumour has it that they work with the twin motor DKLM, but can't find confirmation anywhere on the web? :problem:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I feel like the upgrade to a PDSGB is worth buying a board that’s compatible with it.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Its not me that buying it, I have a friend who asked me, and I haven't got an answer for him. :S
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Now found the solution, it was in the manual, which I didn't have. A couple of button presses and the v6.0/v6.1/v6.1S will all function with the DKLM gearboxes.

These boards are quite amazing, light years ahead of anything HL has produced previously.
Attachments
HENGLONG 6.1S DUAL MOTOR G BOX MANUAL.jpg
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: DKLM gearbox with HL v6 v6.1 v6.1S

Post by Jimster »

I’ll be damned! That surprising but it’s definitely welcome news for many. Especially DKLM!
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

The way HL are going next up will be plugging into the computer instead of pushing a combination of buttons. :O
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I had looked through my HL 6.0 manual and I didn't find that page. Mine is from the T-72. I had heard the PDSGB were compatible with the 6.0/6.1 gearboxes, but like you I couldn't verify it last night. There it is in black an white though.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

wibblywobbly wrote:Now found the solution, it was in the manual, which I didn't have. A couple of button presses and the v6.0/v6.1/v6.1S will all function with the DKLM gearboxes.

These boards are quite amazing, light years ahead of anything HL has produced previously.

With this news Mystic Jarndice foretells a decrease in the sale of Taigen and Heng Long steel gearboxes and a rapid increase in orders for DKLM gearboxes,
This will be closely followed by an increase in Pay-Pals profits :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Questions”