Torro tank hot battrey charger

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Anubizz
Recruit

Torro tank hot battrey charger

Post by Anubizz »

Hi Guys

After purchasing 2 Torro tank , I notice that the battrey charger is hot when charging, 1 of them even already have burning smell, any of you guys have same problem?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Torro tank hot battrey charger

Post by HERMAN BIX »

If its an out of the box charger, no surprise its smelling like its about to go up in flames.
Bin them both & buy a good charger.
Or dont bin them, but dont use them.
Get a good charger & be safe to use your tank batteries.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Take Hermans advise and get a decent charger,
Try Hobbyking for a selection of affordable chargers,
The Heng Long/Taigen/Torro chargers are if I am being generous slow and not up to the mark,
If I am being honest they are c*ap,
The only advantage of using one is that on a winters morning they are a fine source of heat in the workshop,
A decent charger will save you literally hours waiting for your battery/s to be charged and you wont have to endure the smell of burning.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D yes, HL chargers,Taigen or others ? Only rhe name of charger, :thumbdown: because in reality just a transformer and 4 diodes,no regulation or load monitoring,trash :(
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

tankme

Post by tankme »

I have the IMAX B6AC, but it gets hot too. Just be careful when buying the B6 because there are a bunch of fakes of it. The real ones have a hologram sticker on them. How to tell the difference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ6hhP7dVvM
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Indeed,there are copies ( bad ) a charger will always heat up,but within reason ,some are ventilated elsewhere.It is sure that between a charg at 300 Mah ma and a 3 Ah ( speed ) ? In rapid heat up.I have this ine and am very satified with it
IMG_6618.PNG
Work mains and batteries below other type
IMG_6617.JPG
IMG_6617.JPG (22.66 KiB) Viewed 816 times
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

The very nature of the charging operation means that both charger and battery will heat up. It is a question of degree.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “General Questions”