New Tank tracks have loosened.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jcole134
Recruit

Re: New Tank tracks have loosened.

Post by jcole134 »

OK, everyone who responded. I have finally figured out what I did wrong that caused the tracks on one side of my JS-2 to sag noticeably when compared to the other side. As I said when I first introduced myself I am not only a noob when it comes to RC Tanks but an RC anything noob. I failed to notice that the idler wheels on the JS-2 which offer some adjustment in increments so you can set track sag are right handed and left handed. As you've guessed by now I put them back incorrectly lol. Well, I have now fixed the issue. Thankyou for all your suggestions though.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good morning,
Nice to hear that you got it sorted.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello,
Despite everything ,provide a support under the frame,to relieve the suspension :thumbup: during the hours of rest
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Model Builder 4 wrote:That is a good tip about raising the tank off its suspension while not in use GJ, I use 3x2 blocks which I place under all my tanks with torsion or sprung suspension, it's just enough to keep them off the ground and sitting on their full weight for extended periods of time :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
I use 3 x2 wooden blocks under mine as well, Lee. :thumbup: It gives a wee bit of stress reduction (for me, perhaps not so much the tanks :lolno: )
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.

Return to “General Questions”