Adding IR shoot capability to BB Tank ans static target

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Shiltontim
Recruit

Adding IR shoot capability to BB Tank ans static target

Post by Shiltontim »

Hi,
New to this tank business. Just got a BB Taigen Panther G. Sounds a bit 'lonely' I know, but has anyone set up a battle system where an IR tank (emitter) can shoot at a static IR target (receiver). Ideally with the hit then activating either a sound, flash and servo to perhaps cause a building to explode/fall?

Any ideas/leads useful.

Thanks Tim
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Adding IR shoot capability to BB Tank ans static target

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Before we go any further, I wonder if you would have another look at the Private Message that welcomed you to the forum. You will see that it asked that you visit the Introduce Yourself thread and do just that. It is not that we are nosey, it's just that if we know where you are based and a little about your interest in rc ranks and any tanks you may have, it makes our life a lot easier when advising you. Call us old fashioned, but it's the way we like to do things.

You will find a wealth of knowledge here and people are only too willing to share
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D

Return to “General Questions”