Where have all the Panzers gone? Long time passing...

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Where have all the Panzers gone? Long time passing...

Post by Kaczor »

With so many operational Tigers we need "Fury 2: Revenge" ;)
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

With so many operational Tigers we need "Fury 2: Revenge"
How about "Kampf" ("Combat")? Unteroffizier Saunders (Sergeant Saunders) could take care of that Sherman in minutes, far faster than the Germans with Panzerfäuste could in "Fury I." Uh-oh: I have probably 1) insulted all our German correspondents, 2) started a debate over the movie, 3) started a debate over the comparative power of the Panzerfaust and the Sherman, and 4) revealed my old age. ;) Wait a minute! The movie did 1) already! (This ought to get me more flames than a Churchill Crocodile :haha: .)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

There are some clever short video alternative endings the that Tiger V Fury scene with the timber deflection of the incoming 88 round.
All of which result in poor old Brad being squashed under his turret .

As for lost panzers , with the increase in ownership
Of metal detection devices and suchlike plus the opening of many previously closed borders, they must be almost all picked over and identified by now.
Even the last U Boat has been located to close the book on missing vessels.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

While we’re on the subject, I really enjoy watching online videos of German WW2 relics being discovered and retrieved from dirt or water or whatever. Tanks, equipment etc. Could be dangerous I guess if ordinance was “dug up”.
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

I wish digging and restoring tanks would be as easy as in those games :D
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I walked the area in and around Verdun, the view from the top of the memorial is beautiful,
A fallen soldier east disinterred by the wether a well before we arrived, he was placed in the memorial with the other 120,000 .
Every year there, unfortunate animals detonate UXO , Dinh’s warm to stay on the tracks not go wandering off in case you wind up orbiting the outer rings !
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “General Questions”