Henntec vs Tamiya idler

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Henntec vs Tamiya idler

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

I have the same problem with the henntec tensioner in my King Tiger. The grub screw is the weak point. No idea how to fix that.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

A grub screw needs to have a small flat made in the shaft in order to pass below the outer diameter and bear on a greater area. That will stop rotation of the shaft.
If a flat can be made with a dimple in it, that will accept a pointed screw, that’s even better.
I have no experience with Henntec, but I like the Taigen version.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Herman. I still have that Taigen Tiger unit you had interest in. Shall I wrap it and ship it to you. Shipping cost to Australia has kicked me in the baby makers in the recent past but it’s yours if you’re still interested.
RenoirLV
Corporal

Post by RenoirLV »

HERMAN BIX wrote:A grub screw needs to have a small flat made in the shaft in order to pass below the outer diameter and bear on a greater area. That will stop rotation of the shaft.
If a flat can be made with a dimple in it, that will accept a pointed screw, that’s even better.
I have no experience with Henntec, but I like the Taigen version.
I thought of that too. It should work. Except it would make the tensioner arm stay in one position. So needs careful measuring where to make the flat surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started as a tank man.
2x early Tiger 1's made from parts of HL, Taigen, Mato and whatever I saw suitable.
Ural 4320 (~1/12)
WPL B36 Ural
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

RenoirLV wrote:I thought of that too. It should work. Except it would make the tensioner arm stay in one position. So needs careful measuring where to make the flat surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That should never be the way, all my tracks, even metal ones, stretched with time... So the tensioner needs to be adjustable.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “General Questions”