Hooben Elefant Suspension improvements?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
gorehound
Private

Hooben Elefant Suspension improvements?

Post by gorehound »

Hello

I have just taken delivery of a Hooben Elefant I got here from Brizo. It is an excellent beast and well put together but the suspension is pretty poor by design. Basically is is non existent in terms of support and I wondered if there were any ways to improve it to stiffen it up that others had used?

I also wonder do, or can, the AsiaTam suspension units be made to fit the Hooben hull easily? I am happy to keep the plastic tracks and sprockets and just wondered about the road wheels and units as I am not wanting to do major work on the Elefant as I have a couple of other long running builds on the go and another added to the mix would not be a good idea for my sanity

Thanks
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Hooben Elefant Suspension improvements?

Post by Kaczor »

Asiatam suspension defenitely is not plug-and-play. In fact after trying this, I've ended with buing whole Asiatam lower hull. And after that turned out lower hull will not fit with plastic upper hull (it's smaller). So big modification are needed to marry Hooben with Asiatam :crazy:
gorehound
Private

Re: Hooben Elefant Suspension improvements?

Post by gorehound »

Thanks for the info, I wondered if the hull was an option but probably not worth the bother. I had hoped the Asiatam suspension was mounted differently so it did not rely on the weak Hooben springs.

Return to “General Questions”