bluetooth speaker

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
MITCH
Lance Corporal

bluetooth speaker

Post by MITCH »

Hi everybody, I have a question: after several tests, I think that the best sound rendering is obtained with a JBL GO 2 bluetooth speaker, instead of the traditional Visaton speaker, with a much smaller footprint (very much better for my AMX 50 120). It has a input line that would allow me to connect the Elmod Fusion Pro, but what do you think is the best option to make the connection, because the speaker output may burn out the speaker line input, and my knowledge in electronics sucks ... waiting for your answers, thank you in advance, greatings,
Michael
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: bluetooth speaker

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Burning out? The JBL Go2 is Bluetooth tech isn't it? The Elmod Fusion pro supports Bluetooth and, given the correct module, I guess if you can pair the speaker with the controller, then the 'line' issue wouldn't be an issue at all. I understand that the speaker is battery powered, and has an output of 3W. These shouldn't conflict with the Elmod's requirements.
Have a look at our resident boffin's take on the Elmod. Over to Rad von Radio ;) It might help- or even bedazzle you : :D
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/202 ... pro-rev-f/
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Hi 43rdRecceReg, the JBL GO 2 has a wired input with a jack plug, I would prefer to use this one to avoid the risk of interference, and this is where I don't know how to do ... Regarding bluetooth, I forgot to order the module at the same time as the Elmod board, so I could not test, but I doubt that the speaker is supported...
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

I answer to myself for this question.
The solution exists for car radios without RCA outputs to go to an external amplifier. The HP output voltage is lowered to drive a line input.
I found my happiness at toutlehautparleur.com and so I ordered it. The system received is therefore stereo, which is of no interest to our tanks. So I decided to separate the tracks, which will allow me to make one version for the AMX and another for the KV! I finished the wiring today and it works perfectly (No interest in putting a video because the rendering will depend on your PC or smartphone sound, but I think it is an interesting upgrade, for the gain of space (necessary in the AMX because the engine block is really large), and for the sound reproduction which climbs a notch, especially for low sounds. In photos, it looks like this:

See you soon to see the AMX rolling

Return to “General Questions”