How to bind a taigen MFU?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: How to bind a taigen MFU?

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Jarndice: Yep, it is pretty understandable... But that taigen board if combined with a benedini board and a nice radio, could be a nice, small and affordable set up... If it worked, lol.
I am curious, which sound module are you using? I am always willing to try new things.

43rd: Yes, it looks indeed like a design flaw, or a half baked product... Definitelly it seems it does not work with most radios and most protocols, so is useless for most people. Pity... What cannot be denied is I have seen plenty of people claiming that does not work at all...

My friend wanted to use this board as a "training board" preparing himself before to jump into an IBU 2 or an Elmod. I guess he will end selling it :'(

RobW: Lipos and Li ions are fine. I have explained this several times in the past. The only reason Taigen does not recommend those batteries is because they are dangerous. Overcharge, overdischarge and things like that are mistakes you cannot do with Lipos. Most of the tanks sales are for children, no hobby people like us, so is better if they dont mess with dangerous things like this. Erik, the Taigen agent in the US explained this to us in the RC Universe forum.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi Rob, I have been using Li-Pos in all my Tanks and Trucks with no problem,
Indeed after cutting out the battery box in some of my PZ4s a NiCad or a NiMh will not fit so I had very little choice,
As long as due care is taken and you follow the sensible instructions all should be fine :thumbup: :lolno: :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

[quote="Rad_Schuhart"]Jarndice: Yep, it is pretty understandable... But that taigen board if combined with a benedini board and a nice radio, could be a nice, small and affordable set up... If it worked, lol.
I am curious, which sound module are you using? I am always willing to try new things.

Hi Rad, I am using Taigens own upgraded Sound Module that is supposed to complement the Taigen V2/3 board,
Like I said for the money it is not bad value. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

jarndice wrote:Hi Rob, I have been using Li-Pos in all my Tanks and Trucks with no problem,
Indeed after cutting out the battery box in some of my PZ4s a NiCad or a NiMh will not fit so I had very little choice,
As long as due care is taken and you follow the sensible instructions all should be fine :thumbup: :lolno: :lolno:
The smoke escaped out of mine: talking to Forgebear it's the Taigen 2.4 sets. HL should be fine as that's what they ship with.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

RobW wrote: The smoke escaped out of mine: talking to Forgebear it's the Taigen 2.4 sets. HL should be fine as that's what they ship with.
There was probably something wrong in your board, wires messing inside or something faulty. A 7.4V lipo will never, ever, do any harm just because is a lipo. A fully loaded lipo gives you 8.4 volts. A fully loaded nimh gives you 9,6 volts. You see?

It does not make any difference powering the board with any source if you dont go over those 9 ish volts. I even used my 12v motorbike battery once, but with a voltage regulator to keep it about 8 volts.

Erik is the US agent for taigen and himself explained that to some guys who were reluctant.

By my side I will never stop using my hand made Li ion battery packs. Price is unbeateable, super reliable and last forever.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/

Return to “General Questions”