Stug III return rollers

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
SEAN66
Private

Stug III return rollers

Post by SEAN66 »

A quick question I have a Heng Long Pzr III hull I have taken the wheels off but need advice on how to take the return rollers off.
I've looked but cant find a way to take them off unless its by total brute strength as you can imagine don't want to do that unless that is the only way.
any Advice greatly appreciated.
regards
Sean
H/L Challenger 2
H/L Stug III (Building)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Stug III return rollers

Post by HERMAN BIX »

If they are standard plastic ones, stick a wide size flat bladed screwdriver in between the wheel inner & outer, and twist.
The outer will break off, and expose the retaining device for the inner.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
SEAN66
Private

Post by SEAN66 »

Cheers Herman
one day I might be able to pull off one as good as your builds nut this is my first so all a
very steep learning curve.
regards
Sean
H/L Challenger 2
H/L Stug III (Building)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

SEAN66 wrote:Cheers Herman
one day I might be able to pull off one as good as your builds nut this is my first so all a
very steep learning curve.
regards
Sean
Much appreciate the kudos Sir.
A thing to live by is that there is nothing so broken that cannot be fixed.
Try the screwdriver on those rollers & see. They are very available to replace(especially where you show you come from) and are cheap, so dont let the fear of failure hold you back.
Tell you what, if you have a go and it all goes to runny turd, I will send you a replacement set for nothing ;)
Back yourself :thumbup: , you'll get 'er
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
SEAN66
Private

Post by SEAN66 »

thank you for your very kind offer Herman
I already have some metal return rollers to replace the plastic ones on the hull.
I tried to take the plastic ones off the other night and stopped because i didn't want to break anything.
the hull and new wheels will be getting a coat of red oxide this weekend (local shop got spray cans of both red oxide and Panzer grey for 2.99 Euro)
regards
Sean
H/L Challenger 2
H/L Stug III (Building)
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Do those rollers have metal roller mounts as well ?
The mounts on mine were all very well secured by the H/L glue monkey (as hes known) and were a scene of destruction to get off in the end, but yours might be a lot easier .
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Questions for you,
Do the replacement rollers come with metal axles?
Do the metal axles come with "C" clips to hold them in position?.
If the answer is yes then I suggest you put the "C" clips to one side and use "R" clips instead,Easy to fit and easy to remove unlike the "C" clips.
Before you apply red oxide undercoat do not forget to paint the metal rollers and any other metal parts with etching primer or the paint wont take.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
SEAN66
Private

Post by SEAN66 »

I don't know about the mounts and clips at the moment (I'm sure id of checked when I first got them)
but cant check as I am at work.
thank you for the reminder about the etching primer.
does anyone know the best way to glue the resin Ausf D upper structure to the plastic hull ?
regards
Sean
H/L Challenger 2
H/L Stug III (Building)
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

This is a screenshot and paste from Forgebear's website. It will give you another option, should you damage your existing rollers.
Mato Pz 111 return roller set
Mato Pz 111 return roller set
Click on the pic to ENLARGE it!
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/c1 ... ducts.html
Forgebear is a highly valued member of the Forum, and top vendor too- just in case you hadn't noticed. :thumbup:
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
SEAN66
Private

Post by SEAN66 »

Morning I've just realized I didn't answer.
Firstly Herman they didn't come with the metal mounts.
I got everything in the picture above bar the mounts so I got the spindles and bolts. got inner and outer rollers.
I take it I have to glue the two rollers together? as they don't hold together.
unfortunately I didn't get to spray them at the weekend. but I checked out the paint I got and it was red oxide metal primer.
regards
Sean
H/L Challenger 2
H/L Stug III (Building)

Return to “General Questions”