Heng Long track tensioners strength?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Heng Long track tensioners strength?

Post by Estnische »

I noticed this form of track tensioner for a T34 on another forum.

Are these made from pot metal? Has anyone had any breakages? Are there any strengthening/reinforcing solutions?

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Heng Long track tensioners strength?

Post by HERMAN BIX »

jeez I'd wished I had've seen that .
Where from & what are they worth ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

It's a 6.0 HL T34 featured on a US forum. Somewhere in my other browsing, I seem to recall someone's HL tank (not a T34) breaking this mechanism and searching for spares. If it is pot metal, I'd be looking to perhaps drill it out and insert a brass tube to reinforce it before it breaks.

Especially if it had metal tracks, road wheels and sprockets, and a T34/76 project was being planned while one was a long time banking up travel allowances.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

My T34 has had a belting over the years since I finished it, The left idler specifically has been subjected to impacts from climbing over a low wall on the tank-walk we used to use at shows. Its not failed but the gear boxes are pretty flogged. Thats just a stadard H/L one with a bit of epoxy added to stiffen it.
Of course its no "Henntec" but its better than nothing.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

This seems to be different to other T34 lower hulls. Does your look like this?

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Roughly?, yes, but the small speaker identifies that its a 6.0/6.1 version.
Mine was all plastic, including the idler mount.
im running all metal running gear, tracks are the weakest of the lot.
Could it be that the older plastic that H/L used has been replaced with a less robust compound that they are using metal to replace on key components ?
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “General Questions”