Walker Bulldog tracks

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Steve.d.scott
Recruit

Walker Bulldog tracks

Post by Steve.d.scott »

Does anyone who has a metalled track henglong Bulldog know how many tracks links it should have. Discovered today that one side of mine had 71 the other 72. 71 side is a tight track 72 is fairly slack.
Good morning Mr Stevens and the windy notchy knight.
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Walker Bulldog tracks

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I can't help you with the numbers but which side do you prefer, the slacker tighter side? Does one run better or look more correct? If you favour the tighter side remove a link from the 72. If you prefer the slacker side, add a link to the 71. That's what l would do.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Steve.d.scott
Recruit

Post by Steve.d.scott »

General Jumbo01 wrote:I can't help you with the numbers but which side do you prefer, the slacker tighter side? Does one run better or look more correct? If you favour the tighter side remove a link from the 72. If you prefer the slacker side, add a link to the 71. That's what l would do.
Thanks . I like the tracks to look fairly tight. Currently running both sides on 71 and the tank move good.
Good morning Mr Stevens and the windy notchy knight.
Afrikakorps
Corporal

Post by Afrikakorps »

Hi Steve,
just saw your question and happened to reworking on my M41, good timing :D
A quick check on one side of mine counts 73 links, and you can see from my pic that the tension seems right. :thumbup:
Cheers
Afrikakorps
Clark Tk40
Clark Tk40
Panzer III G
Sherman M4A3 (105)
T-34/76 (1942)
Panzer IV Wirbelwind
Sturmtiger
KV-2
M26 Pershing
T-34/76 (1943)