Rear Lights.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jarndice
Colonel

Rear Lights.

Post by jarndice »

My new WPL Truck upgrade board has provision for a 2 speed gearbox to be plugged in as well as a rear light set, I have the gearbox can anyone recommend a dealer who sells a simple plug in rear light set ?
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Re: Rear Lights.

Post by General Jumbo01 »

I've fitted rear led lights on all of my 1/16 trucks. Just buy pairs of suitably sized LEDs, drill out the lamps to take them and then paint over the light cluster lens with red and / or amber translucent paint (Revell do pots). It's easy to then wire them in by linking them to the front lights. The LEDs can be found ready wired on eBay for pennys so well worth doing. Just make sure you buy the correct voltage leds.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Jarndice,
I used a set of them on the Lend Lease truck build. Those were battery powered tho' and had the power source in a crate in the bed. I went looking and found these that might work better for your application:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Integy-RC-Mode ... Swy49c2P7C
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12pcs-1-10-RC- ... SwG4BevfaC
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

You guys know I've put together a couple of trucks with that board and the tail light feature isn't exactly what you think. I'm pretty sure if you plug into the tail light socket they will only light up when you're going in reverse or when you use the turn signals. I put the LEDs in the rear and then wire them in parallel to the front headlights. That way they come on and off with the headlights and everything works like it's supposed to. If you want to try for brake lights or turn signals, further investigation will be required, but I've got a couple of them so I can do some bench testing and see what I can figure out, if you think that will help.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

And if you want to go with something like the first link that painless posted, I have a bunch of those here so I could stick a few in a card envelope and send them over there if you want. Just let me know. The ones I have I got from Erik for the tank trailer project but I already had LEDs for that so I didn't use them.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Me personally will just wire some red led’s up. In this case to the existing lights but on my tanks I use red led and give them a plug
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Thank you everybody, Your suggestions managed to form a view of what I needed and in concert with a metal chassis brace with pre-threaded holes and a lighting loom with matching threaded light cases and a Futaba connector I found everything at Banggood.
Painless you came close with your second link but the dealer will not sell to the UK :lolno: And that spurred me to find exactly what I wanted and no compromise needed :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Questions”