ETO Transmission's

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jarndice
Colonel

Re: ETO Transmission's

Post by jarndice »

Rad my hero Thank you for your enquiry of the main man and the not overly surprising answer,
The Asiatam Hull would be better if every hull was faulty in the same way because someone could work out a modification,
I did fix mine by glueing a measured length of 3mm Plasticard to the Asiatam separate front hull panel where it meets the front of the PZ4 body,
With a close enough tolerance the join is difficult to see BUT why should it be needed.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

As a Pz IV addict, Shaun you really should try putting a Pz IV upper on the superior Tamiya hull, and then add Tamiya's suspension. The hull's available, look:
https://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/kat ... -1-16.html
Then you'd need the sprues for the front and rear panels, together with the suspension bags. It's a worthwhile venture. Most of the parts needed are on the 'D" sprue
https://www.axels-modellbau-shop.de/kat ... -1-16.html
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I have been put off the Tamiya underpinnings because they very cleverly ensure that to complete any particular part of a Tank you need two or more sprues to do it as witness the Cupola and the suspension,
The "D" sprue is not presently available at AXELs and it has far too many parts for which I have no use and the suspension bags appear to be as available as aladdins lamp
Until I do know which sprues I need, how many and their availability for a complete suspension system for a PZ4 I shall not bother,
I have played hunt the sprue with Tamiya too often and it is annoying in the extreme when you finally identify the sprue (K)Static) (Tiger 1 early twin pot feifal air cleaners) only to discover that Tamiya no longer sell that sprue, although they do sell a sprue with the same id letter but it is for the Tiger 1 early R/C not the Static, this of course does not have the twin pot feifal air cleaners.
Have no fear I have a source closer to home with a printer so I only buy the air cleaner tops and not the whole sprue.
ABER also now sell the twin pot air cleaners in photo etch.
With Tamiyas apparent drawdown on their 1/16 Tank range it does not make much sense buying a Tamiya Metal hull if any or all of the parts needed for the suspension are no longer going to be available.
My hunt right now is for Heng Long PZ4 Bodies NOT Taigen and I would be interested in a source for the Hooben or is it Trumpeter :lolno: Tiger 1 body,
Why is it Hooben and Trumpeter who appear to be matched much as Taigen and Torro do not appear to have a proper aftersales parts department ?
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

You can get parts sprues from Trumpeter, but their website has been down for well over 6 months. You have to contact them via Email and they only take Paypal as far as I know. I ordered a sprue from them, but it took two tries to get them to respond. Once they did the sprue came quickly, intact, and cheap. Trumpeter service <joanna@trumpeter-china.com>. I sent her the kit number and the sprue designation.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

You make my point for me,
Most of the company's involved in our hobby are much smaller than we would expect but I would have thought that a listing of the spare parts inventory would be a priority.

Return to “General Questions”