Over sensitive control...

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Over sensitive control...

Post by Max-U52 »

Funny you should ask, I've actually got a video about that, and I'll post it when I get home from work tonight. The video explains the differences and tells you how to recognize the different types of gearboxes.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

phpBB [video]
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Bazbro
Recruit

Post by Bazbro »

Many thanks, Max - a great video and a great help. :thumbup:
Bazbro
Recruit

Post by Bazbro »

Gen Jumbo and Son of a gun-ner...
What are the best mfu's to consider - there's such a wide choice, my heads spinning, particularly as I don't know what the hell I'm talking about!! :shifty:

I'm really looking for a starting point.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

Well, I'm neither one of the aforementioned gentlemen but if you want the opinion of someone who's been doing this for a few years now, I say it all depends on what you're going to do with the tank. If you're going to keep it as an airsoft tank and only use it to fling plastic BBs at the squirrels in the garden, then the new 6.0 or the TG V3 are just fine. They do pretty much everything we need them to do at a reasonable cost. If you want to get into a more elaborate board, the IBU is my favorite of the boards that are still available, but I think the ASP is the best board that we seen yet. It's a real shame that board is out of production. I have two of them, and at this point I seriously wish I had bought about 10 more.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I agree with Max-U52, but I will add, the IBU is a fantastic board, but it is quite a bit bigger than the standard footprint of the Heng Long and Taigen boards.
Whereas the Clark boards are the same smaller size. And just like the IBU, Clark have varying levels of board types, but more than the IBU does.
Some people prefer one make over the other, but that is probably down to personal preferences.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

With either the Taigen or HengLong options you will need to purchase the radio transmitter and multi function board as a set. I would strongly advise you get the very latest versions of either and, again, would refer you to Forgebear as the supplier to use as he (Dave) knows what you'll need. Let him know all the tricks you want to be able to do. Good luck.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Bazbro
Recruit

Post by Bazbro »

Many thanks, all of you. Great replies and I have something to go on now. :thumbup:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Best chap to talk to about supplying Taigen or Heng Long.
forgebear.

Best chap to talk to about supplying IBU.
Tankbear.

Best chap to talk to about supplying Clark.
maxmekker.

Can find them on this list :thumbup:

Members - RC Tank Warfare
memberlist.php?mode=group&g=28
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Don’t overlook the Elmod Fusion Pro board. Tons-O-Fun! Hate to see it not mentioned.

Return to “General Questions”