Taigen Panzer 4 Turret.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
jarndice
Colonel

Taigen Panzer 4 Turret.

Post by jarndice »

I really like what Taigen have done to the updated Panzer 4 Turret but until they introduce the same upgrade for the short barreled Pre Ausf F2/G turret those of us who care for accuracy will be stymied because retrofitting the short barrel main gun from a pre-upgrade turret into the new turret is a non starter because it will not fit.
Is there any information coming from Taigen as to a revised turret for the pre Ausf F2/G ?
The problem lies with the Turret stowage bin,
I happily concede that not all the early PZ4s had stowage bins but that still makes the fit of the short barrel gun impossible because unlike the new turret which encloses the whole of the gun and its workings within the confines of the turret the earlier Taigen turret had a lot of the gun in the stowage bin which is why it is so inaccurate.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Taigen Panzer 4 Turret.

Post by c.rainford73 »

Could an aftermarket short 75mm be modified to fit the taigen turret?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Taigen Panzer 4 Turret.

Post by jarndice »

It may do Carl but I would prefer a Taigen short barrel 75mm that would fit into any of my pre-upgrade PZ4 Turrets without half of it projecting into the turret stowage bin,
That would allow me to cut the inaccurate bin off the turret giving me the choice depending on which pre Ausf F2/G that I plan to build as to whether I built a Tank without a bin or using an accurate aftermarket bin on a turret with one.
And then I could finally find a use for 1/2 a dozen PZ4 turrets. :lolno: :lolno:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Questions”