Tiger 1 late turret hangers

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Tiger 1 late turret hangers

Post by ronnie42 »

Hi. Looking for good pics of the turret hangers , thinking i might try to make them. If not was wondering about the Hobby Boss Tiger 1 as its cheap and has hangers and other parts i can copy / chop up. Even try to do an rc build of it as i have an old IBU board spare (wish they were Mac compatible ) and its an all plastic tank.
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Tiger 1 late turret hangers

Post by jarndice »

Do you mean spare track holders ? Schumo used to make them for the Tiger 1,
Perhaps they still do,
It included a template so you got the spacing right.
If you do a search with the Forums search engine you should find the template which I clearly remember being downloaded to the Forum.
A little research is needed to identify which year in service the number of spare tracks were fitted to the Turret upto a maximum of 5 on the left and 2/3 on the right (Leaving space for the Turret escape hatch)
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Hopefully this'll be of some help :thumbup:

Track link holders | TIGER1.INFO
http://tiger1.info/EN/Turret-track-holders.html
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Thanks Son of a gunner Good job i check this, used the Hobby boss kit to line up the track hangers as the turret was drilled to fit the hangers. Tracks are upside down so checked here again , position is wrong as well.

Return to “General Questions”