Just how Water resistant are these things???

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Just how Water resistant are these things???

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Refreshing to see some 'caution to the wind' action shots, Jim :thumbup: There's nothing quite so forlorn as a 'shelf queen', unless she's equipped to demand a long, and close inspection :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Choobox
Recruit

Post by Choobox »

As long as we are talking lubrications- for the metal tracks- WD-40? Light machine oil?
No one said nuthin ‘bout lock’n horns with no Tigers-
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Hmmm. I’ve never used anything at all. Never thought about that. I thought the components were rust resistant.
MITCH
Lance Corporal

Post by MITCH »

Lubricate the tracks is a false good idea, that would only stick the dust and create premature wear...
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Choobox wrote:As long as we are talking lubrications- for the metal tracks- WD-40? Light machine oil?
I don't think anyone was suggesting you lubricate the tracks :shh:
The reference was to lubricating the Gearboxes after immersion in water, This advice also applies when you have run your Tank through dust and grit but do blast the dirt from the gearboxes first with an airline/Bicycle pump/Airbrush.or you will just grind the gears to extinction.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Questions”