Testors Dunkelgelb, no more?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Re: Testors Dunkelgelb, no more?

Post by Max-U52 »

So I managed to find an internet hobby shop that still has dunkelgelb, just two bottles, so I bought them both. Only $4 per bottle, but the shipping was $25. I just can't win for losing.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

One thing I find very surprising is that this was originally a set of three colors all marked that they were from 1943, but the only one they have discontinued so far is the Dunkelgelb. You can still get the olivgrun and the schokoladenbraun. But, I think I'll stock up on those two colors as well before they decide to discontinue them.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
ronnie42
Staff Sergeant

Post by ronnie42 »

Wrong Max Its all about supply and demand thats pure capitalism. Rare bump the price up glut sell cheap :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I think you missed my point. To do a decent German armor camo job you need all three colors, so I find it strange that they only discontinued one of the three. It seems to me the dunkelgelb should have been the best seller of the three, since you need that for just about any German stuff you paint, but you don't always need the other two.

Anyway, Internet Hobbies was really cool about cancelling the acrylics and I found two bottles of enamel at Eliminator RC (their last two) so I should be OK. The Hetzer is almost done, but I'll still need the dunkelgelb for a pair of PIIIs I have yet to paint. Just one more reason to use Afrika Mustard as a base and then apply a thin coat of dunkelgelb.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I can't remember if it was the Highlander or painless wolf who told me that testors is also discontinuing the Africa mustard in the rattle can so I ran down to the Hobby shop today and picked up the last three cans they had. I love this stuff as a base coat and if I put this down first and then use dunkelgelb in the airbrush I don't have to pre shade anything.

Return to “General Questions”