Challenger 2 track pitch between plastic and metal.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Lo_Thar
Lance Corporal

Re: Challenger 2 track pitch between plastic and metal.

Post by Lo_Thar »

If you change tracks you must always buy idler and spocket wheels form same manufacture as tracks. For example tiger metal tracks from torro dont fit to heng long metal wheels. Same problem as i see on your photos
Landraider
Recruit

Post by Landraider »

Everything came with the tank and are standard HL. Apparently it's a manufacturing issue.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

The Chally 2 sprocket often catches the track as it rotates. This is because there is no guide to set the track central on the sprocket BUT this is easily sorted by fitting a replacement sprocket which Haya stocks that has a pair of rings that sit between the sprocket teeth and engage with the track blades. Andrew at Haya can probably sort out any other track/sprocket related problems. Being the UK distributer he has stock and product knowledge in abundance.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Landraider
Recruit

Post by Landraider »

Thanks but I did try that option and it didn't make much of a difference. In fact it initially made it worse. Being able to increase the track tension made a big improvement but apparently the difference in track pitch is known about. I was advised to smooth off the track end caps (where the teeth of the drive wheel engage to the track) which has helped a tad - but it's every single track section so took a long while!
Long term probably the upgraded metal tracks if I go outside on anything serious. The plastic are working better round the house, are lighter and therefore make her more manageable, with better battery life.
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Post by mcevoyi »

Hi all

Just put in my penny's worth as I encountered a simular problem witha build
Based on a C2 .. i had a pair of leopard 2 metal tracks ..thst visually look identical to C2 and supposed to be as its a nato standard common track
leopard 2 track pitch is slightly longer ..and i wounder if you neen supplied the wrong tracks ..
Is there any way you can compare .

iain
Landraider
Recruit

Post by Landraider »

Interesting. Sadly I have no way of checking...
I may do a few measurements between the plastic and metal but that's all I have.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Woz »

mcevoyi wrote:Hi all

Just put in my penny's worth as I encountered a simular problem witha build
Based on a C2 .. i had a pair of leopard 2 metal tracks ..thst visually look identical to C2 and supposed to be as its a nato standard common track
leopard 2 track pitch is slightly longer ..and i wounder if you neen supplied the wrong tracks ..
Is there any way you can compare .

iain

I bought leopard 2 metal tracks for my C2 (the ones with the rubber pads) and they fit pefectly.

phpBB [video]

Return to “General Questions”